Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: The Friends You Keep

• Start Topic

Synopsis:

Sugar’s fears for the safety of his friends lead him to a clandestine gathering where he learns a dangerous secret — and the truth about Olivia.

Air Date: May 10, 2024

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

When Melanie is pressuring Sugar about him being a spy, I keep yelling at my screen, “FFS Sugar, just admit it to end the conversation”. He has a lot to learn about human deflection tactics. 🤦🏻‍♀️

So the extraterrestrial beings are called to a meeting to discuss about their exit plan but John Sugar isn’t invited. Is Sugar’s emerging humanity becoming a threat to his own kind?

Henry is sus. Suddenly he has information about Olivia’s whereabouts and authoritatively tells the other aliens that he’s going to give that info to Sugar. Henry is not some low-level alien. He knows all along about what’s going on with Olivia.

The parallel of 2 powerful families (Siegel and Pavich) going the extra miles to protect their monstrous sons. And those sons chose to kill themselves on the verge of being exposed. Sugar’s effect, maybe?

Ryan Pavich’s torture room reminds me of Martin Vanger’s torture chamber in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - clean, well equipped and organized. The camera intentionally lingers on the DVDs in that torture room. Will there be a recording about someone related to Sugar?

There’s a change in Sugar’s opening credit - a nod to John Sugar’s real identity. Nice! 😉

355FB4E6-484A-4F7C-A075-4B4DC9E112FC.jpeg

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

The parallel of 2 powerful families (Siegel and Pavich) going the extra miles to protect their monstrous sons. And those sons chose to kill themselves on the verge of being exposed. Sugar’s effect, maybe?

I was confused by the reveal of Ryan Pavich's torture room and Henry's story that the powerful Pavich family had discovered the aliens' true identities.  So, Ryan Pavich is a sadistic serial killer who stumbled upon one of the aliens by accident -- perhaps while he was torturing him/her?  And, Olivia just happened to be one of his victims by pure chance or is there a blackmail element as well? 

I had to check to make sure there was another episode after the way this ended. Are they leaving because they've been discovered or is this just a story to lure Sugar?

The politician's son being this big bad was confusing. We know Olivia was "given" to Stallings by Davey. Davey thought Stallings was "just" a trafficker, didn't he? Was the serial killer torturing and killing the trafficking victims? But Olivia wasn't with the rest of the trafficking victims, she was kept alone at Stallings' house...

2 hours ago, Sundazed said:

I was confused by the reveal of Ryan Pavich's torture room and Henry's story that the powerful Pavich family had discovered the aliens' true identities.  So, Ryan Pavich is a sadistic serial killer who stumbled upon one of the aliens by accident -- perhaps while he was torturing him/her?  And, Olivia just happened to be one of his victims by pure chance or is there a blackmail element as well? 

Yeah, this part is a bit confusing. I hope we will know more in the finale. There’s no mention about Charlie either.

My theory - Olivia got wind of Davy’s activities via Taylor and she started to look further into his sick thrills. She stumbled upon Stallings’ trafficking ring and threatened to expose everything. We know Davy “gave” Olivia to Stallings because he’s trying to revive his career, he can’t have Olivia ruining his new movie. Like Davy, Ryan Pavich was Stallings’ customer too. He needed a steady supply of girls to torture. Exposing Stallings means exposing Ryan. Senator Pavich knows that Sugar is looking into Olivia’s disappearance and has threatened his bosses. How the senator knows about the aliens is still a mystery. 

• Like 1

heh, didn't realize the whole season wasn't out when i binged over the weekend.  at least it just until friday.

i don't get why the politician's son would risk kidnapping the granddaughter of a famous director/producer.  he had to know someone would come looking for her, unlike an anonymous migrant (whom i assume he killed before - getting the girls from swallings).

and don't get how this politician found out about Sugar's people or how Sugar's people found out about Swallings.  hopefully some of these questions are answered in the finale.  

seems like someone in the group did something that brought them to the politician's attention, which is more than just 'observing.'

• Like 3
(edited)

Was it revealed what happened to Sugar's sister? I don't remember. But now I'm thinking that the politician's son kidnapped and tortured the sister and that's how they know about aliens. It can't be that obvious, right?

Edited by Domestic Assassin
  • Useful 2