Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette: Andi Dorfman

• Start Topic

Discuss the newest Bachelorette here. 

I don't particularly care for her, but she's not terribly annoying.  Plus I do think her outspokenness might make it slightly more interesting than normal.  Cause you know they're going to play up the whole "speaking her mind" thing.

She's pretty, more forthcoming and interesting than some bachelorettes, but I don't like the upside down smile, and every time I look at her I see her father's face, more feminine and with make up, but her father's face.

I've noticed that every time one of the B's pays Andi a compliment she responds with "Awwww," as though he just skinned his knee. Not that I'm faulting her for this because I know it must be hard to know what to say to some guy you've just met saying you're breath taking and he thinks he's falling in love with you. Emily and Des used to say, "That's sweet," which seemed to me, sort of a patronizing thing to say to a grown assed man.

What should she say? Maybe we can send her a note.

• Love 1

How about simply saying thank you? Though that may be my eons ago etiquette class showing. When I was a young teen I took a weekly etiquette class & one of the weekly practices was responding with a sincere thank you to a wide array of compliments. It was to help ingrain a habit of response so there wouldn't be awkward moments of silence after a compliment or worse, according to the instructor, a tendency to deflect or dismiss the compliment. She found that horribly rude. However, I can't think that saying thank you to a declaration of love would be the best choice, although it probably feels about the same as that's sweet.

• Love 1
(edited)

I usually say "aww" when I've received an unexpectedly effusive compliment and I don't quite know what to say in response. Like when someone tells me I've saved their bacon when I just did them a tiny favor.

Edited by chocolatine