Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E15: Throwing It All Away

Lisin
  • Start Topic

Arizona's bad day escalates when she advises a patient on a potential double amputation; Derek breaks a promise; Stephanie and Jo find an abandoned baby; the nonfraternization rule leads to a suspension.

This show is so evil. Just when I'm at my highest hating Arizona point they reign her back in, have her legitimately apologize for being shitty for a year and make me want her to make it all better. I mean it's like they have some magic math formula that tells them how many episodes they can have someone being the worst before they turn them around but still manage to keep people interested (though clearly not ALL the people based on how many have dropped the show) it's fascinating. Like I wouldn't have watched one more week of crazy Bailey but bam, she's back to being all good now. I don't know how the actors don't all have whiplash. 

• Love 2

I'm a sucker for covers of 80s pop songs, so their weird decision to have that be all the music for the rest of the season appeals to me.

I'm glad they seem to be not breaking up Arizona and Callie.

Are they actually going to make Jason George a regular this year? Or is he going to get a pilot and Ben is going to move away again (I think this would be the fourth or fifth time)?

• Love 1

I'm a sucker for covers of 80s pop songs, so their weird decision to have that be all the music for the rest of the season appeals to me.

Thank you! I had forgotten to mention the crazy 80s cover thing that has been happening. So that was an actual decision? I mean obviously it was, it's not just a coincidence but I mean they've addressed it somewhere?

• Love 1

Thank you! I had forgotten to mention the crazy 80s cover thing that has been happening. So that was an actual decision? I mean obviously it was, it's not just a coincidence but I mean they've addressed it somewhere?

Yeah, there were some articles yesterday: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/greys-anatomy-all-80s-covers-687707

"Shonda had this idea back in the fall, and we started to talk about songs she knew would make sense with the story," Patsavas tells The Hollywood Reporter. "We started with a couple of songs that she was interested in seeing if there were great modern interpretations for. But at some point along the way, she felt strongly that the way to tell the story in the second half of the season was to use modern interpretations of her favorite songs of the '80s and the songs she felt would tell the story the best."
  • Love 2
On 3/14/2014 at 11:24 AM, Lisin said:

This show is so evil. Just when I'm at my highest hating Arizona point they reign her back in, have her legitimately apologize for being shitty for a year and make me want her to make it all better. I mean it's like they have some magic math formula that tells them how many episodes they can have someone being the worst before they turn them around but still manage to keep people interested (though clearly not ALL the people based on how many have dropped the show) it's fascinating. Like I wouldn't have watched one more week of crazy Bailey but bam, she's back to being all good now. I don't know how the actors don't all have whiplash. 

Haha, it's true- they do have the secret formula!  Crazy Bailey was getting hard to watch.  

On 3/14/2014 at 12:01 PM, ApathyMonger said:

I'm glad they seem to be not breaking up Arizona and Callie.

Are they actually going to make Jason George a regular this year? Or is he going to get a pilot and Ben is going to move away again (I think this would be the fourth or fifth time)?

Same, suddenly I"m recognizing songs left and right!  Interesting to read this was a specific decision.

Happy Arizona and Callie are staying together for now- I like them as a couple!  Too many breakups and revolving relationships and deaths on this show- I"d like to see at least one that lasts!