Type keyword(s) to search

Season Ten: Clark Finally Suits Up — NOT!

• Start Topic

(edited)

Ten. Years.

Ten years of all the bullshit we put up with…all the Lana crap, all the stupid cheap twists, all the plot holes….all the things we endured while waiting for Clark to finally be the Superman he was supposed to be…

And they don’t even let us see him in the fucking suit.

Yeah. I’m still pissed.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 1

I don't quite understand the "last more time" in the title?

And Chloe proved that she IS the BEST FRIEND Clark ever had. She saved his life; and had to have a come-to-Jesus talk with Idiot Lois about Clark.

I loved the easter eggs about Batman and Wonder Woman.

And as much as he did NOT EARN IT, I loved John Williams' score of the original 1978 Superman theme-it gave me the goose bumplies!

I laughed that still, seven years later, they still weren't married!

And I'm PISSED that less than two years later, this time he gives up his powers? As we were told in the Crisis Event in the Arrowverse. UGH.

But I was so happy to see Rosenbaum reprise his role one last time, though peeved he was a clone. NO! He WAS NOT!

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don't quite understand the "last more time" in the title

Sorry, was a typo. Fixed it!

8 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And as much as he did NOT EARN IT, I loved John Williams' score of the original 1978 Superman theme-it gave me the goose bumplies!

Me too. If we just gotten to see him in the suit, that would have made up for a lot.

And speaking of something that was awesome even without being earned…it was nice to see Clark finally be HAPPY in a relationship. Criticism about writing and chemistry aside, Lois really was better for Clark. He could open up to her, he could be himself and enjoy their relationship emotionally and physically 😜without any baggage. He never had that with Lana, and had the writers not pointlessly brought Lana back in season 8, their relationship progression would have felt a bit more natural and not given any impression of sloppy seasons.

7 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And I'm PISSED that less than two years later, this time he gives up his powers? As we were told in the Crisis Event in the Arrowverse. UGH.

I’m choosing to believe that never happened.

11 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But I was so happy to see Rosenbaum reprise his role one last time, though peeved he was a clone.

That was supposed to be the real Lex, not a clone.  He survived the explosion from S8 and was using the body parts from his clones to help rebuild himself.

• Love 1
(edited)

One thing I did find amusing how sex was basically rendered a non-issue with Lois and Clark after all the stupidity of “Clark and Lana can’t have sex because he’s alien and could hurt her.”

It really was stupid how Lois tried to call off the wedding because she was afraid of getting in the way of his destiny. Uh, didn’t we already go through this at the beginning of the season? 🤦‍♀️🙄Thank God for Chloe.

Edited by Spartan Girl

I think I only watched like five or six episodes of this final season.

Clark's got some nerve giving Chloe attitude for "turning her back" on him, when just last season, he turned his back on her after Davis killed Henry.

The show runners just DECIMATED that friendship, to make way for Lois and Clark.

Theme: darkness, darkness, darkness, darkness, darkness.

Me: STFU! STFU! STFU!

Clark was such a jackdaw this season. As if growing and moving on, meant he had to cut off his ties with the town he grew up in, the memories of his father who raised him, in order to become Superman? Really? REALLY???? Selling the farm? Where was Connor gonna live, huh? After he'd just enrolled him at Smallville High? Asshole.

Oooh, dark smoke...I'm sooooooo Scared! NOT. That was the most pathetic Darkseid I have ever seen.

EVUHL Lionel is BACK! But that horrid beard!

Clark Luthor was a cold-blooded murderer, but he can be redeemed? Really?

I won't lie, got the goose bumplies when I saw Michael Rosenbaum as Lex again.

And look--AI Jor-El telling Clark it was Jonathan and Martha's love, compassion, and upbringing that made him the hero he's become, when in season two, it first speaks, it tells Clark, to leave them, they've done their job, and it's time to move on from the stupid humans.

I still laugh so hard it took another seven years before Clark and Lois get married. At the time, I felt cheated and in the finale, they should have married. Bait and Switch, y'all!

But yes, yes, John Williams' score and music to the original and BESTEST Supes still gets to me. Even though it's UNEARNED.

• Like 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Theme: darkness, darkness, darkness, darkness, darkness.

Lmao, I’m sorry but reading that just made me think: “DARKNESS! NO PARENTS!”

Gotta give Lois credit for telling off AI Jor-El for being such a crappy dad.

Edited by Spartan Girl
(edited)
6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Clark's got some nerve giving Chloe attitude for "turning her back" on him, when just last season, he turned his back on her after Davis killed Henry.

The show runners just DECIMATED that friendship, to make way for Lois and Clark.

It's unfortunate that Allison Mack decided to only do a small number of episodes for S10.  It's even more unfortunate that, from what we know now, her decision was being influenced by someone else...

EVUHL Lionel is BACK! But that horrid beard!

Apparently Glover had already shaved his beard before they filmed the finale, so they gave him a fake one.

Edited by Tenshinhan
  • Like 1