Type keyword(s) to search

Renegade Nell - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Disney plus

March 29

Genre

Nell Jackson, a quick-witted and courageous young woman, finds herself framed for murder and unexpectedly becomes the most notorious outlaw in 18th-century England. But when a magical spirit called Billy Blind appears, Nell realises her destiny is bigger than she ever imagined.

• Like 2
(edited)

img_0440-1.jpg

All 8 episodes stream on March 29, 2024 on Disney+.

When Nell is framed for murder by the Earl of Poynton, it unexpectedly earns her the reputation of a notorious highwaywoman in 1705 England. Nell has no choice but to go on the run, but things get even stranger when a magical spirit named Billy Blind appears and Nell realizes her destiny includes Queen Anne, the Queen of England and the battlefields of Europe.

Craig Parkinson as Sam Trotter, Nell's kind-hearted widowed father

GAMSy6lWIAEHCPC?format=jpg&name=large

Louisa Harland as Nell Jackson , farmed for murder

Florence Keen as George Trotter, Nell's younger sister

GAMTCQkWYAAS9Py?format=jpg&name=large

Bo Bragason as Roxy Trotter, Nell's younger sister 

GAMS_FIXcAA2mxN?format=jpg&name=large

Alice Kremelberg as Sofia Wilmot, a young widow wants power and independence at any cost. She joins the Earl of Poynton's treacherous side in an attempt to destroy Nell. 

Pip Torrens as Lord Blancheford, Sofia Wilmot's father

GAMS9YzXAAAffJO?format=jpg&name=large

Jake Dunn as Thomas Blancheford, Sofia Wilmot's feckless, bullying brother

GAMS4lnXAAAAYox?format=jpg&name=large

Joely Richardson as Lady Eularia Moggerhangar, an eccentric newspaper magnate

GAMTEhZXsAAQPdY?format=jpg&name=large

ÉnyÌ Okoronkwo as Rasselas, spirited stable boy assists Nell and her two younger sisters on their journey towards freedom, while hoping to gain his own. 

GAMS2IQXgAAdJyi?format=jpg&name=large

Nick Mohammed as Billy Blind, a magical spirit, "plucky but prickly" enhancing Nell's fighting capacities to near-invincible levels. 

GAMS4e8XUAAqiPI?format=jpg&name=large

Adrian Lester as Robert Hennessey, Earl of Poynton, Nell's arch-nemesis, a "master manipulator" and "master political schemer"

GAMS981XwAA8hcd?format=jpg&name=large

Frank Dillane as Charles Devereux, a charming fickled rogue with a dangerous, villainous alter ego, who is sometimes Nell’s friend and sometimes her adversary.

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Like 1

Delightful. 

I was afraid that they might "modernize" past reasonability. 

Episode 1 was great. Love Louisa.

Overall I thought it was fine.  But I felt like there was stuff missing.  I would have liked more of Nell and Billy to really feel her sadness at the end.  More with Roxy and her ability to sense things would have been good too. 

Watched the first episode and I'm not sold. The mix between fantasy and realism did not gel for me. And neither did some of the character interactions.

I really liked this. I agree that I'm interested in Roxy's abilities too. Hopefully they get a season 2 and can explore it more. I also want to know more about Billy and how he came to Nell. A lot of great acting and lots of fun.

• Like 1