Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: REWATCH: The Awful Truth

"Sex is not a time to chat"  I have to agree with Miranda on this one, but that's me (and I have to wonder if having identical careers is part of it, heh).  I know others do like running at the mouth, but I'd rather the mouth be used for other things. :)  Had to laugh that he wanted her to talk, but then didn't like what she was saying.  He asked for it.

I have to wonder when Carrie is writing these columns, does she really use her friends' real names?  I mean if I was one of her friends, I'd hate to have details of my love/sex life published in a wide read New York newspaper. 

I'd tell Charlotte that if her dog was eating her shoes: 1) close the door to the closet; 2) buy the dog a rawhide bone. But obviously the dog had other problems.  So the dog saved Susan's marriage because they could both yell at it?  Hokay.

• Love 1

I hated that they had a Border Collie in a New York city apartment. I've had Border Collies for years. In real life, that poor dog would have been miserable.

I'm on a few acres and my BCs run the length of my property a few times a day. They need a lot of space to run and they need "jobs" to do every day to keep their minds stimulated or they can become destructive.

It feels so weird to talk about them like they're real people.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 1

The dog storyline was really dumb. If the poor thing really did spend all his time locked in a bedroom in Charlotte's apartment, no wonder he ate all her shoes.

I also thought it was tacky of Susan-Sharon to tell Carrie how much she paid for the cashmere scarf, and even more tacky for Carrie to ask if she could return it for cash. 

I did feel for Carrie though, when she got the flowers from Big. After breaking up with someone, and it's been awhile, the last thing you need is for flowers to show up. And I also sympathized with her inviting Big to her birthday dinner and then immediately regretting it. I've done things like that -- you want to demonstrate that you're so mature and evolved that you can be friends with the ex who stomped on your heart, and even joke around with him like he's one of the guys (or girls, I guess). Then you realize what an idiotic idea it is and you start kicking yourself.

• Love 3

Oh, I thought he was a Jack Russell but maybe I need to see the show again.

I thought he was a JRT as well, who (like Border Collies) will find something to do that you will not like if they don't have something to do.  I know this from having owned a JRT...awesome dog, loved him to death, but he was EXHAUSTING!

• Love 1

For my money, a little dirty talk can add to the experience, but a running commentary is not necessary, lol. 

I've known a man or two who were into the finger/butt thing and men who definitely weren't. TMI again, but I agree with Stanford's take on the subject., lol. 

• Love 3