Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Made You Look

• Start Topic

Desperation sets in as Howard tries to evade the Task Force and Ronnie goes on the attack, leaving Raq and Kanan to make some fateful choices.

Me at the end of this episode:

holy-fucking-shit.gif

I don't even have words right now.....

• LOL 1
(edited)

A lackluster season finale and season. Not so much to that prediction from Pops for a World "Fucking" War. There goes their 401(k) now Ronnie is gone.

Most of the setups this season fell flat.

The writers put themselves in a corner with Howard killing Burke. There was no way they could write how he would answer for Burke's death after they showed him finding the recording on her in the car. Such a wasted storyline. They just decided to have Raq shoot him in the head the way he did Burke.

Bye Howard. For 3 seasons, you never did any detective work or solved a crime. You wasted taxpayer's money! Should have handed in his badge and gun a long time ago.

We finally get Raq and Ronnie face to face, no real dialogue between them to get some context to their beef and it ends with Kanan shooting him. Ugh! It just setup more animosity for Kanan to Raq as she killed his father.

See ya Ronnie. I'll have a bowl of Honey Nut Cherrios in your honor! I didn't like Ronnie, but I admit he should have been around for next season to be a good adversary. 

That better be the "Ghost" of Unique. No way a person takes repeated blows to head from a pipe and is walking weeks later and well dressed. Nonsense!

The two guards up front took their sweet time arriving after the first shot. Enough time for Marvin to get from the other side to shoot them. Can't find decent help these days.

Worst assassination attempt in Power history. Raq is right there, they missed and then crashed into another car. Atrocious! Were these the same fools guarding Ronnie's warehouse?!!

Why show the disclaimer for "suicide" this week and not one for last week with Gerald's death.

The FBI was wrong about Gerald's death. It's on them authorities. They should have immediately arrested Gerald after the death/ taken his second daughter away and not have him go free to get drugs to OD.

The FBI took the Biggest "L" this season! They tried to get at Stephano to no avail. He told them "FU" and maybe got them to buy some fish. They tried to have Gerald infiltrate, and it didn't work. They tried to follow Raq, and they stopped for some reason. They tried to go at Lou and told them to go home! Famous was next up and yelled "Lawyer". All this time I thought they had the goods on Howard and that wasn't to be. Waste of taxpayer's money!

The FBI started the season clueless and end it more clueless. Tanner foolishly gave Howard "2 days" to possibly pack his bags, get a head start to leave Queens if he wanted to instead of "one hour" to provide answers. Howard left the police station, and they didn't bother put a tail on him to see him go straight to Raq's house. At least, they were successful breaking up Butta.

Iesha coming out to Juke after she messed up her Butta opportunity!

Butta is no more because the FBI talked to Juke about her family??!!! I can see if Juke was arrested for murder but just for questioning. Not making sense to me. 

In 20 years, I'm looking forward to the "What could have been...." documentary on Butta on YouTube!

I had a feeling Lou was being taken to rehab. Next season, they need to do better with this character!

I guess Kanan told Krystal to not keep the baby and that is why she was crying.

Famous was so foolish to not get rid of the gun. His mother must have been doing some serious snooping in his room to find it. Then she went straight to the police instead of confronting Famous. Don't make sense! 

Damn Pops. Control yourself in front of Marvin!

Edited by mxc90
  • Like 2
On 2/9/2024 at 12:48 PM, mxc90 said:

A lackluster season finale and season. .

I am curious. I read an article with showrunner Sascha Penn and he said they changed the ending last minute when Joey BadA$$ decided he wanted to stay. The ending just did not feel "right" to me  I have a feeling Ronnie was not suppose to go that way. 

• Like 1
On 2/9/2024 at 10:34 AM, luckyroll3 said:

Me at the end of this episode:

holy-fucking-shit.gif

I don't even have words right now.....

That was me. 

I thought it was a good finale. The season started off slow, but I knew Kanaan wasn’t going to turn on his Mom no matter how pissed he was at her, and I knew Raq wasn’t going to turn in Marvin. Howard has too much blood on his hands for Burke and framing it as a suicide, so I wasn’t surprised he died. 

We never had a body for Unique but I was SHOCKED to see him again. I think he will have a good storyline next season. I always liked him with the rest of the cast, good chemistry. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On 2/9/2024 at 11:48 AM, mxc90 said:

The FBI was wrong about Gerald's death. It's on them authorities. They should have immediately arrested Gerald after the death/ taken his second daughter away and not have him go free to get drugs to OD.

I think the FBI was just trying to fuck with Marvin. They knew Gerald killed himself due to the guilt, and his elder daughter had already been taken by CPS. I wondered who paid for his burial but wouldn’t take the elder daughter. 

That was a good thread from last season to show more of Marvin’s personal growth. 

• Like 1