Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Part 4

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, millennium said:

The soundtrack is annoying AF.  And it almost never lets up.   A little silence would go a long way towards establishing they're in the frozen wastes on the edge of the earth.

This is a pet peeve of mine. I hate ever-present scoring, esp when people are having a conversation.

• Like 6
On 2/7/2024 at 7:11 AM, Haleth said:

Gosh, they are only a week into the long night and everyone is already crazy. 

I don’t want to get all Neil Degrasse Tyson here, but isn’t the winter solstice (12/21, more or less) the longest night/shortest day? So now we’re at December 25 being “day 8 of night”?  Shouldn’t they be getting close to having some daylight now? Or does that stuff work differently so far north?

• Useful 1
17 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

I don’t want to get all Neil Degrasse Tyson here, but isn’t the winter solstice (12/21, more or less) the longest night/shortest day? So now we’re at December 25 being “day 8 of night”?  Shouldn’t they be getting close to having some daylight now? Or does that stuff work differently so far north?

Nov 18 to Jan 23

https://www.alaska.org/advice/shortest-day-in-alaska

“Even though residents of Utqiagvik, the northernmost town in Alaska, won't see the sun for 67 days come winter, they enjoy the midnight sun all summer - over 80 days of uninterrupted daylight”

• Useful 2
On 2/7/2024 at 12:41 PM, Affogato said:

Considering the cost of cookies, bottled water would be really expensive. The cost is because of the cost of shipping. Water is heavy. Would ice snd snow be contaminated? probably.  And melting or distilling requires fuel. Boiling water would be expensive. The zombie virus could be the active agent in both cases, in the ice cores snd entering the water supply via mining. Of course other contaminants could be involved. 

One of the things i noticed is that, all of their homes have tons of shelf stable food and dry goods stored all over the place. I cant imagine that many people would have the space to store bottled water, especially the working class people