Type keyword(s) to search

S03.02: Auditions Home Cooks

• Start Topic

(edited)

The auditions continue as the home cooks fight for one of the coveted five spots that advances them to the mentorship team draft, taking them one step closer to winning the grand prize of a 1-year mentorship and $250,000. One chef is eliminated after each challenge until only the top five are left standing in the all-new in the all-new "Auditions - Home Cooks" time-period premiere episode of Next Level Chef airing Thursday, February 1 (8:00-9:02 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Note: Already aired on Feb 1

Edited by DanaK

I like this new format of "auditioning" the chefs in the 3 levels.  It will be interesting to see how the "pros" do.  So far the Online Chefs were impressive with the home chefs close behind.

• Like 1

So of the 8 home cooks, there were 4 women and 4 men.  All 4 women made it through and only 1 man.  I liked Daniel, the guy that pretty much only talked about his beautiful wife.  Not sorry to see Alligator Joe go, he would have compared the basement to like being a garbage man all the time.  The third guy, apparently so forgettable I can’t even remember him.  

For whatever reason, women seem to fare better on this show than men.  Season 1, 15 contestants, 8 women, 7 men.  6 of the final 8 contestants were women.  Season 2, 18 contestants, half and half.  Again, 6 of the final 8 were women.

The first two seasons were won by someone on Nyesha’s team and someone on Gordon’s team.  Is someone on Richard’s team destined to win this year?

19 hours ago, blackwing said:

The third guy, apparently so forgettable I can’t even remember him. 

The second contestant eliminated was Monika, the corporate lady who said she was now BFF with Gordon. Creepy!

• Like 1