Type keyword(s) to search

Albert "Chalky" White: This Thread Ain't Got All Day

Here's the thread for Albert "Chalky" White, the Black gangster/nightclub owner/all-around badass played by Michael Kenneth Williams. The thread title is a reference to his line in the first episode, in which he goes to visit Nucky Thompson and at one point, says impatiently, "I ain't got all day." That anyone would be so insolent where someone as powerful as Nucky's concerned, especially a Black man in that day and age, told me that Chalky's a force to be reckoned with and he has been ever since.

Is this the thread where you can say what you want about Chalky? To quote one Omar Little,  "Indeed."

• Love 2

The only problem I have with Chalky is his delivery sounds like a runaway slave who is refusing to give up even though the hounds are near. Actually, I've never heard a Black man speak that way and wish so much that he and IceT wouldn't. Other than that, I can't wait for the season to begin.

Edited by ethalfrida
  • Love 1

I disagree. Chalky may sound like a runaway slave, but he sure doesn't act like one, especially when he killed those Klansmen who attacked him. I think of Chalky as an ancestor of Omar Little, the openly gay stick-up man MKW so brilliantly played in The Wire, his first HBO series.

• Love 4

Omar Comin'!  Is all I can think when Chalky appears on the screen.  I just know that some shit is about to go down!

IKR? He brings a certain "difference" to his characters.  But, did you think he was still bizarre yet pitiful in the end (The Wire)? I've decided to not watch any more of the episodes of Boardwalk right now. I get so much more involved when it can be watched as a mini marathon. 

Edited by ethalfrida