Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: I've Seen Him Naked Now

• Start Topic

Emma leaves the UK to marry Curtis in prison, but her clothing causes a major issue. Erin meets Michael's family in Ohio. Australian born Jessica is preparing to welcome home her incarcerated husband, Craig.  Leaving prison after 11 years, Joseph and Svea check into a hotel for their first night - and his first bath in over a decade.   

Original air date 2024.01.24

• Useful 1

Thoughts from the episode-

The woman I’m least worried about is Svea. I don’t trust Joseph, but she’s going home and it’s going to take a while for the paper work to be completed for him to move to Germany (if that works out). If the relationship falls a part her life is still in order. 

But I really don’t trust Michael. He’s been so rude to Erin, and thinking about a BABY?!!!!!!! This is a man who’s spent most of his adult life in prison. How is he equipped to financially or emotionally parent anyone? Playing with a baby cousin or nephew/niece a cookout is a different thing. For the record I think it’s good that Michael’s family was there to celebrate his coming home. Social support is needed. It’s clear he has people who love him (he said he had three siblings, to me they all looked to be present). 

Curtis and Emma, Curtis’ mom was embracing the DRAMATIC caterpillar eyelashes that I’m sure we will be roasting in 10yrs. It also looks so HARSH with a bare face, those types of lashes are for the stage and a full face of makeup (drag inspired). Emma (like Svea) is keeping her job/life in her home country, but Emma seems to be more delusional than Svea is about the future of their relationship. 

image.jpeg.2b02bd1cd1dd61a815c4ebaf05d1b4fb.jpegThe new couple we met- Jessica and Craig. Craig (like Joseph) is a nice looking man. Outside of the context of being in prison I would understand why Jessica would be interested. He also seems to have a calm peaceful energy I didn’t expect from someone in his situation. Craig made me very sad when he said he had been in and out of correctional facilities since he was TWELVE. It seems the work release program has been really beneficial for him- he’s been able to save money, have a little bit of freedom, reintegrate into society; but my theme is the same. If Jessica was just interested in dating him now and seeing where it goes, okay. But expecting him to “step up” and “help her”- Craig has never run his OWN life. He’s been in correctional facilities his entire adult life. He’s not going to be capable of helping you right now. He isn’t ready to be anyone’s partner until he’s more stable himself. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1