Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Episode 4

• Start Topic

This is frustrating. The premise is interesting, it's a good cast, but four episodes in and it's just... not coming together.  The dialogue is a big problem, so stilted and cliche-ridden, and each plot 'twist' seems forced and stale.

I like the *idea* of this series enough that I'll probably watch the whole thing anyway but so far I'm pretty disappointed.

• Like 1

I’m thinking Beatrice is the most likely to have killed Daniel. Besides seeming plenty murderous enough what with encouraging the other kids to try to drown Harper, she was obviously jealous and just comes across generally evil.

BTW, just how fucking stupid is Sarah? She can hold her head up and go back to business as usual if she wants to, but sending Harper back to school was criminally dumb. I’m almost 50 years out of high school and I still remember just how cruel high school kids can be. Why the hell doesn’t she?

Second most likely is the brat (whose name I forget) whose dad is a cop. Same jealousy motive.

Either of them would be more than happy to see Harper ultimately blamed and neither seems to care about the death penalty she’d get.

Third possibility: a twist that it really was an accident and all this vitriol was for nothing.

Fourth possibility: even bigger twist that Harper somehow was late getting her powers and really did kill Daniel.

I really want to see both Abigail and Beatrice get their just deserts for being heinous bitches.