Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: The Infinity Thief

• Start Topic

wild-cards-episode-1e.jpg

To regain his detective status, Cole Ellis (Giacomo Gianniotti), a demoted by-the-book cop, is assigned to work with Max Mitchell (Vanessa Morgan), a spirited con artist whose charismatic street smarts could help catch an elusive thief. 

Premiere Date: Wednesday, January 10, 2024   CBC    8pm  
Premiere Date: Wednesday, January 17, 2024    CW    8pm   

wild-cards-episode-1c.jpg

(edited)

Vanessa Morgan (who is the reason I gave this a chance) is costumed really well and seems like she’s having tons of fun; she also has great chemistry with Andrew Deluca from Greys. Prime will-they-won’t-they-material so it’ll probably find an audience with shippers. The actual show though, meh. Weak on the procedural aspect but fun enough that it might have done well at the height of the 2010-14 buddy cop era. As it is, it’s formulaic and done. I know it’s a CBC series but it’s definitely got that quippy, perky, CWesque vibe so I wasn’t surprised to see that it airs there as well. Not exactly necessary or groundbreaking but it’s a good enough background watch to do chores to. At least while everything else is on hiatus and studios sort themselves out. 

Edited by babyrambo
  • Like 2

The Mentalist knock-off wt less believable police works & procedures. Max in the interrogation room with Cole, questioning a person of interest? Come on, that’s BS.

The con/cop pairing reminds me of The Company You Keep. And the bantering reminds me of Jason Priestly’s other show - Private Eyes.

Max Mitchell is written quite OTT. Did she steal all those fancy clothing?

Am not convinced Giacomo Gianniotti can lead a show. Cole Ellis character doesn’t come alive on screen, he’s dull and boring.

My favorite character is Marc de meow. He’s way more interesting than Cole and so f-king expressive. He speaks with his eyes. Look at him. Great casting! 😆💕😘   

2FDD90E5-413F-4580-8255-52B31F31FFBC.jpeg

• LOL 2

Private Eyes was head and shoulders above this outing, even if the final season(s?) weren't shown in the US.

The female (Max?) has potential but she is overdoing the part.  Or perhaps it is the writing.  Whichever, it is annoying.  

The male character is taking a back seat by being constantly outdone by the dame.

I'll stick for a few more epis as I want to see if the show settles down and lets the actors get a grip.