Type keyword(s) to search

Season Seven: Lights Out, Literally and Metaphorically! And Farewell Again, Mike Logan...

• Start Topic

I've been watching this show for 2 1/2 years and know it's coming up, but the new opening theme song still makes me JUMP when Season 7 onward starts.

"Amends" is a favorite, especially the scene of Alex crying into Joe's shirt. I did that with my mother's bathrobe after she died--it still smelled like her.

However, I avoid "Untethered" and "Purgatory" because, unlike some people who love to see Bobby tortured, it makes me ill. Every time I have watched "Untethered" my husband has found me in a fetal position clutching a stuffed animal during the "tie down" scene. I'm severely claustrophobic and paranoid about being restrained and that one just hits every button I have.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

'Smile' is such a tough watch. Gaffigan - one of my favorite stand-ups - is always adept at playing unexpected snakes but it's the mother (I believe the actor is Catrina Ganey) of the first dead child  who always gets me, a very great performance even though she is so close to murdering her daughter when G&E arrive at her apartment. Goren and Eames' interactions with her were truly heartfelt and highlighted the best of their individual strengths. *That* was the kind of suspect you could understand their sympathies going out towards (as opposed to Goren's inexplicable empathy for NPH in 'Want').

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Season 7 is on Charge tonight.

Watching Lonelyville, this is a good episode, I liked the complex investigation and the reveal that the lawyer was the murderer. I liked how Logan suspected the writer was being framed and he got to the bottom of it, too bad the writer killed himself before he was cleared, he was somewhat sympathetic even though he was a kind of sleazy. I like Falacci, really wish she had stayed as permanent partner instead of the dull Wheeler. The blackmail ring was an interesting plot.

The marathon continues with the last episode airing tonight being Offense. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
13 minutes ago, TakomaSnark said:

Lonelyville is a good one!

All 5 Falacci episodes are good ones IMO, Senseless and Lonelyville are the two best but I like all 5. Too bad they went back to Wheeler. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 2/23/2024 at 7:34 PM, TakomaSnark said:

'Smile' is such a tough watch. Gaffigan - one of my favorite stand-ups - is always adept at playing unexpected snakes

Only unexpected if you haven't seen one of his other 87 episodes in the franchise! 🙂 Much like Jim True-Frost he is so good and so likeable at these roles that the audience comes to know who it is, no matter how many twists and red herrings it takes to get there. It would have been nice if just once they turned out to be nice guys after all or framed by the real killer. That would have been a REAL twist!

• Like 2