Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Holding Cell

• Start Topic

On 1/11/2024 at 9:43 PM, peacheslatour said:

Well yeah, obviously but I thought there was maybe an incident.

I know he was getting lots of flak at one point for sticking up for the new Disney Daredevil series. The rumor was that it wasn't going to be as gritty as the Netflix version ("Disneyfied" as it were) and the fans were up in arms, arguing with him. But he did say several months before he didn't know if he was going to stay due to Musk's policies, so I don't know if the fans actually harassed him too much, or if he just got tired of it.

I do miss him, though. It was always enjoyable waking up to a Vincent poem or skyline shot.

Someone on Facebook wondered if his divorce had something to do with it.

Since the strike has ended, Kathryn is posting less as well. I haven't seen anything from her in weeks.

• Useful 1

So we had the big news on The Mothership: Sam Waterston's last episode is February 22.

And he's being replaced by...ta-da! Tony Goldwyn! (I never knew he was the grandson of Samuel Goldwyn.)

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Shadow Lass said:

So we had the big news on The Mothership: Sam Waterston's last episode is February 22.

And he's being replaced by...ta-da! Tony Goldwyn! (I never knew he was the grandson of Samuel Goldwyn.)

I think it's a good thing and I think Goldwyn will fit right in. As much as I love Sam, he was visibly struggling. I felt bad for him.

• Love 1

I hope he's just retiring and not sick. I've seen too many older actors who "retire," and then they pass away not soon afterwards because it turns out they were hiding cancer, etc.

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Shadow Lass said:

I hope he's just retiring and not sick. I've seen too many older actors who "retire," and then they pass away not soon afterwards because it turns out they were hiding cancer, etc.

He stated in the article he's interested in "what comes next" and I took that to mean he wants to do other things.

I will really miss Sam Waterston/Jack McCoy - he’s a legend. And I hope Sam is in okay health and isn’t having to step down for health reasons, I’ve been a bit concerned about him because his voice sounds weak this season and he hasn’t been in many scenes, and because it’s a bit odd how he’s leaving midseason. Hopefully Sam will live for many more years.    
Tony Goldwyn is a good actor but he’s stepping into impossible shoes to fill, and with the legal side of the Mothership kind of shaky already, I hope it stays afloat. Maybe they will give us more scenes with the DA character and will make him intriguing enough, but there will never be another Jack McCoy.