Type keyword(s) to search

Season Four: Will Nicole Wallace DIE Already!

• Start Topic

Watching Charge! and "Posthumous Collection." Waiting for Alex's portrait session, still not looking forward to Spencer's horrible sister's tale. Talk about characters whose rage you understand...

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Shadow Lass said:

Watching Charge! and "Posthumous Collection." Waiting for Alex's portrait session, still not looking forward to Spencer's horrible sister's tale. Talk about characters whose rage you understand...

I saw Posthumous Collection as well on Charge, Spencer’s family was one of the worst ever, his sister was such a fucking sociopathic witch, hell all of his family members were. The scene where Goren/Eames interview the sister in prison is pretty chilling.
Next up was Want with sick fuck John Tagman, and Goren feeling sympathy for that cannibal freak was Goren’s worst moment IMO. Why the fuck should Goren care whether or not Tagman received a death sentence? He tortured those women in god awful ways. It’s a good case but Goren’s sympathy for Tagman ruins a lot of it for me. 
Now on is Great Barrier with Nicole, where she should’ve been killed off at the end, but instead she miraculously escaped again, this is the point where the Nicole storyline officially went off the rails.

• Like 1

Season 4 is on Charge this week 

Gone is an interesting episode, it’s complex but a good plot about the former chess grandmaster who had become paranoid and was trying to get money from his family - it was just coincidence that the woman had the travel brochure from the hotel he stayed at and that’s why he killed her, they had no connection and he had just descended into complete paranoia. Interesting plot and I liked how Goren/Eames got to the bottom of it and I liked their final confrontation with the killer.

Collective was next and I love the scene where Goren plays with the toy weapon in the toy shop, that was absolutely hilarious, one of my favorite Goren moments. The rest of the episode is strange, about the vampire club, the story about the con artist woman who caused the original killing by the cops was interesting, but then it became about her murder and the weird vampire obsessed people and it just didn’t click for me.

Tonight 4 good episodes will air on Charge - starts with Death Roe with monstrous chef Tommy - that’s a classic, and then Ex Stasis, Shibboleth and The Good Child - all strong episodes. Season 4 may be the best CI season. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Season 4 is on Charge this week 

Gone is an interesting episode, it’s complex but a good plot about the former chess grandmaster who had become paranoid and was trying to get money from his family - it was just coincidence that the woman had the travel brochure from the hotel he stayed at and that’s why he killed her, they had no connection and he had just descended into complete paranoia. Interesting plot and I liked how Goren/Eames got to the bottom of it and I liked their final confrontation with the killer.

Collective was next and I love the scene where Goren plays with the toy weapon in the toy shop, that was absolutely hilarious, one of my favorite Goren moments. The rest of the episode is strange, about the vampire club, the story about the con artist woman who caused the original killing by the cops was interesting, but then it became about her murder and the weird vampire obsessed people and it just didn’t click for me.

Tonight 4 good episodes will air on Charge - starts with Death Roe with monstrous chef Tommy - that’s a classic, and then Ex Stasis, Shibboleth and The Good Child - all strong episodes. Season 4 may be the best CI season. 

Season 4 is a great season but I think it's also the darkest. I won't ever watch Magnificat again. 

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Season 4 is a great season but I think it's also the darkest. I won't ever watch Magnificat again. 

It is the darkest, creepiest and weirdest - for sure. We have Magnificat with the kids being blown up, Want with cannibal Tagman, Death Roe with Tommy putting his son in law through the meat grinder so he can keep raping his daughter, In the Dark with the “stone baby”, No Exit with the suicide pact, Stress Position with the off the books prisoners and so on. It’s an incredibly dark season but that’s one reason why I like it, sometimes the dark and disturbing cases are some of the most compelling.

Magnificat is certainly horrific and the scene where that sadistic scumbag husband makes his wife sleep in the dead kids room is chilling. I’ve said before how disappointed I was with Carver for refusing to prosecute the husband - he came off as soft and gun shy, the only time I would ever say that about Carver

• Like 1

Season 4 was on BBC America yesterday - Death Roe is a pretty grim episode, Tommy is one of the most evil villains on CI IMO, committed two brutal murders just to get his son in law out of the way so he could keep on raping his daughter - what an absolute piece of human scum. As Goren said, he was an ogre. It’s a great episode and I loved Goren/Eames getting the upper hand on Tommy at the end and Goren getting under Tommy’s skin in the kitchen at the end was vintage Goren. Very compelling case and investigation, I liked seeing Goren/Eames go to the fish market and the restaurants. I did think Tommy did a lot in one night - committing the two murders, putting Josh’s body through the meat grinder, and ditching the motorcycle - they did address that plot point with Carver but it was still a lot, surprised no one saw Tommy somewhere.     
And did Tommy kill Beatrice’s mother also? They never said under what circumstances she died, but it wouldn’t shock me if he did.    
It’s a great episode with a memorable villain.

Ex Stasis was next, another strong episode with a compelling villain with the organ donor killing someone he deemed “unworthy” of having his organ and arranging it so someone he thought was more deserving got it. He was a fucked up perp as well, I liked how they were able to nail him. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Season 4 was on BBC America yesterday - Death Roe is a pretty grim episode, Tommy is one of the most evil villains on CI IMO, committed two brutal murders just to get his son in law out of the way so he could keep on raping his daughter - what an absolute piece of human scum. As Goren said, he was an ogre. It’s a great episode and I loved Goren/Eames getting the upper hand on Tommy at the end and Goren getting under Tommy’s skin in the kitchen at the end was vintage Goren. Very compelling case and investigation, I liked seeing Goren/Eames go to the fish market and the restaurants. I did think Tommy did a lot in one night - committing the two murders, putting Josh’s body through the meat grinder, and ditching the motorcycle - they did address that plot point with Carver but it was still a lot, surprised no one saw Tommy somewhere.     
And did Tommy kill Beatrice’s mother also? They never said under what circumstances she died, but it wouldn’t shock me if he did.    
It’s a great episode with a memorable villain.

Ex Stasis was next, another strong episode with a compelling villain with the organ donor killing someone he deemed “unworthy” of having his organ and arranging it so someone he thought was more deserving got it. He was a fucked up perp as well, I liked how they were able to nail him. 

What I didn't get was why the friend's wife let Tommy get away with raping her. I would have screamed bloody murder if that creep tried that shit with me and even though her husband was a useless milquetoast, she should have called the cops. I loved the part where they pretended that the serial number for the SIL's metal rod was lost and then..oops! Here it is!

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

What I didn't get was why the friend's wife let Tommy get away with raping her. I would have screamed bloody murder if that creep tried that shit with me and even though her husband was a useless milquetoast, she should have called the cops. I loved the part where they pretended that the serial number for the SIL's metal rod was lost and then..oops! Here it is!

I agree I couldn’t get a good read on Duke or his wife - how did Duke not see what a sociopathic piece of crap Tommy was? And why did his wife not report Tommy for rape? It seemed like they should’ve done more to protect Beatrice from Tommy, I think the wife at least had to have an idea of what was going on, she knew Tommy was a predator, I guess the wife just didn’t want to deal with Tommy or Beatrice and so she moved out of the city, but she should’ve reported Tommy and maybe she could’ve prevented him from continue to molest his daughter. 
I loved the final confrontation between Goren/Eames and Tommy, Tommy became instantly smug and Beatrice became fearful when they pretended they couldn’t prove the metal had been in Josh’s leg, it was the only way to expose what had happened and then they produced the actual serial number and nailed Tommy. Tommy was truly one of CI’s worst villains. I doubt Beatrice would ever be okay after all she had been put through. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

I agree I couldn’t get a good read on Duke or his wife - how did Duke not see what a sociopathic piece of crap Tommy was? And why did his wife not report Tommy for rape? It seemed like they should’ve done more to protect Beatrice from Tommy, I think the wife at least had to have an idea of what was going on, she knew Tommy was a predator, I guess the wife just didn’t want to deal with Tommy or Beatrice and so she moved out of the city, but she should’ve reported Tommy and maybe she could’ve prevented him from continue to molest his daughter. 
I loved the final confrontation between Goren/Eames and Tommy, Tommy became instantly smug and Beatrice became fearful when they pretended they couldn’t prove the metal had been in Josh’s leg, it was the only way to expose what had happened and then they produced the actual serial number and nailed Tommy. Tommy was truly one of CI’s worst villains. I doubt Beatrice would ever be okay after all she had been put through. 

Yeah, I think Beatrice would need extensive therapy, you could tell she was never really going to be able to handle life on her own after what Tommy did to her. It kind of freaked me out when she was applying lemon juice to his cut. She said something like "Do you remember the first time you did this to me?" How sick is that?

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Yeah, I think Beatrice would need extensive therapy, you could tell she was never really going to be able to handle life on her own after what Tommy did to her. It kind of freaked me out when she was applying lemon juice to his cut. She said something like "Do you remember the first time you did this to me?" How sick is that?

That was a creepy scene, I think she said “this won’t hurt at all. Do you remember the first time you told me that?” I guess referring to when Tommy first molested her. Very creepy. And yeah Beatrice was so screwed up from all that Tommy had done I don’t know if she would ever be okay. Tommy was just pure evil. I wonder if Tommy had more victims he assaulted besides Beatrice and Duke’s wife, it wouldn’t shock me. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

That was a creepy scene, I think she said “this won’t hurt at all. Do you remember the first time you told me that?” I guess referring to when Tommy first molested her. Very creepy. And yeah Beatrice was so screwed up from all that Tommy had done I don’t know if she would ever be okay. Tommy was just pure evil. I wonder if Tommy had more victims he assaulted besides Beatrice and Duke’s wife, it wouldn’t shock me. 

It wouldn't shock me either. I bet the turnover of waitresses at his restaurant was something for the record books.

• Like 1