Type keyword(s) to search

Season Two: Goren's Sherlock and Eames' Watson Meet Their Moriarty [Regrettably?]

• Start Topic

Some favorites here: "Dead" with Jay O. Sanders as the hit man, "Bright Boy" with the interaction between Goren and Robbie, "Malignant" (that man whose wife died due to the cancer drug dilution is so heart-rending), "Suite Sorrow" (if just for the Polaroid scene), "See Me," "Probability," with Mark Linn-Baker's great performance, "Cherry Red" if just for the Ferrari scene.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Shadow Lass said:

Some favorites here: "Dead" with Jay O. Sanders as the hit man, "Bright Boy" with the interaction between Goren and Robbie, "Malignant" (that man whose wife died due to the cancer drug dilution is so heart-rending), "Suite Sorrow" (if just for the Polaroid scene), "See Me," "Probability," with Mark Linn-Baker's great performance, "Cherry Red" if just for the Ferrari scene.

All of those are great, I also love Tomorrow, with the killer nannies who were trying to make their soap opera become real, Baggage, with the scummy airline workers running their fraud scheme, and Best Defense, with the prosecutor trying to frame his wife for trying to kill him.

I dislike Cold Comfort, Chinoiserie, and the Nicole stuff. Other that this season is awesome. 

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

All of those are great, I also love Tomorrow, with the killer nannies who were trying to make their soap opera become real, Baggage, with the scummy airline workers running their fraud scheme, and Best Defense, with the prosecutor trying to frame his wife for trying to kill him.

I dislike Cold Comfort, Chinoiserie, and the Nicole stuff. Other that this season is awesome. 

Tomorrow is one of my favorites. Merritt Wever was mesmerizing.

• Like 2

Watching season 2 today. Already watched "Bright Boy" -- I always bleed for poor Robbie. He was smart, but not a genius, and just wanted to be a normal kid. I hope he had a better life with his uncle and aunt. And of course "the Polaroid episode" (LOL). Watching "See Me" now -- it's possible to be repelled by what Dysart did, while also feeling sorry for him -- and next is "Probability," one of my favorites.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Shadow Lass said:

Watching season 2 today. Already watched "Bright Boy" -- I always bleed for poor Robbie. He was smart, but not a genius, and just wanted to be a normal kid. I hope he had a better life with his uncle and aunt. And of course "the Polaroid episode" (LOL). Watching "See Me" now -- it's possible to be repelled by what Dysart did, while also feeling sorry for him -- and next is "Probability," one of my favorites.

Bright Boy is a great episode, that dad was a loon, and he didn’t care at all about Robbie, he was just living through his kid, he was a shit parent as well as a cold blooded killer. I felt bad for Robbie as well, and even though he wouldn’t have to testify against his dad he would still figure out his dad did it because of him and that had to weigh on him. Goren was really good with Robbie and the investigation into the case was really good.

See Me is another favorite from season 2, and I agree about Dysart, he was very disturbed and didn’t really see what he was doing was wrong because of his schizophrenia, but did murder an innocent man and maim numerous people, his actions were terrible but he was one of the more sympathetic perps on CI because he was severely mentally ill and wasn’t just a sociopath like many of the perps. This had another great investigation and gave us a bit of insight into Goren without being soapy - plus Deakins and Carver had large roles, it was nice to see Carver go out “in the field” with the detectives. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Shadow Lass said:

Did you notice that in Bright Boy and Scared Crazy, both of the vulnerable young men are named Robbie?

• Useful 1
28 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Did you notice that in Bright Boy and Scared Crazy, both of the vulnerable young men are named Robbie?

I never thought of that. This franchise has had certain names they’ve liked to use a lot.

• Like 1
On 2/23/2024 at 12:02 PM, Xeliou66 said:

I never thought of that. This franchise has had certain names they’ve liked to use a lot.

Olivia, Declan (which I'd never heard until I watched L&O shows), Robert, Alexandra, Nicole...

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
9 minutes ago, Shadow Lass said:

Olivia, Declan (which I'd never heard until I watched L&O shows), Robert, Alexandra, Nicole...

It is very odd that 2 pretty big recurring characters in the franchise have the name Declan - Goren’s mentor turned perp Declan Gage and Lt. Declan Murphy from SVU. I’ve never known anyone with that name outside the L&O franchise. 
Frank is another name they’ve used over and over - it’s a pretty common name but there have been a ton of characters over the years with that name in the franchise. 

• Like 1