Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Gods & Monsters

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

A new agent?  Hmmm.  Actress playing Susan not coming back or the new agent has a secret (like they aren't human or are a ghost or something - like the witch in the tub) and will be found out and disposed of when Susan returns?  I'm thinking the second one.

It would be nice if we kept both. I know the new one from "Jann", where she plays a similar deadpan character. But the cast is getting up there in number if they keep both.

I was a little confused how they went from no adoption prospects in sight to the husband being in Emergency to coming home with a baby. Can someone explain what happened there?

• Like 1

So, IMDb is indicating we have 3 more episodes left in this season.  Do we think Luke will regain his gift by Episode 10?

(Personally I’m worried if Luke doesn’t regain his gift by the end of S2, then the series might not garner sufficient ratings support for the network to sign off on a S3….)

Edited by Nashville
  • Like 2

I really enjoyed this episode.

I like Lomax, better than Susan so far, and liked the way she put Zooey in her place.  Zooey was resentful of her for no good reason and deserved what she got.  I'm glad Zooey is so worried about Susan. And I wonder when Susan will be back.

Lomax's rapport with the old woman who couldn't die was nice and I imagine they will remain friends, even if we never see it.

Poor Morris.  He was such a nice little kid but the voice, supposedly there to help him, drove him to the bad. The best of intentions don't always accomplish what they are intended to do.

Phil flying off to Emergency made me think something awful had happened, then we went from the sadness/regrets of Morris and the monster to the joy of Phil and Anthony coming home with a baby. I got a little teary eyed.

On 11/16/2023 at 1:08 PM, Starchild said:

I was a little confused how they went from no adoption prospects in sight to the husband being in Emergency to coming home with a baby. Can someone explain what happened there?

Since they were on the list for adoption I suppose an opportunity came up suddenly and they were called to get the baby.  Perhaps the mother was killed in an accident but her baby survived and had no one to take it.  Totally a guess on my part.

Edited by Trey
  • Like 2
On 11/18/2023 at 12:08 PM, Trey said:

Since they were on the list for adoption I suppose an opportunity came up suddenly and they were called to get the baby.  Perhaps the mother was killed in an accident but her baby survived and had no one to take it.  Totally a guess on my part.

That's what I thought, what with being called to the emergency room.  Still, if the mother was killed in an accident, wouldn't the hospital want to monitor the baby for a day or two?  That would mean Phil wouldn't have had to rush to the hospital that night.  How long do they keep the baby and mother in the hospital these days and is that more for the mother or baby?

• Like 1

Even if that were the case, i.e. a pregnant woman dying in childbirth or whatever, wouldn't the baby go into some CPS equivalent and into the adoption process and out to the next  appropriate couple on the waitlist?

In what universe does the baby go straight from the womb to the  next on the waitlist in an emergency situation, completely bypassing the adoption system processes?

Unless they have friends at the agency who made it work.  Or the mother who died in the hospital was a friend who wanted to pass the baby on to them. Although none of that was hinted at.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Johannah said:

That's what I thought, what with being called to the emergency room.  

1. Phil wasn’t talking to Anthony (his husband) on the phone; he was apparently getting a message relayed from Anthony through a third party.

2. In the short phone call, no mention was made of an emergency ROOM - just Phil repeating (albeit with some alarm) the one word “emergency”.

3. In Phil’s one-on-one conversation with Luke earlier in the episode, Phil said he was worried about Anthony because “it’s dangerous to want anything as much as [Anthony] wants this baby.”  If Anthony was truly as wound-up about the adoption as Phil indicates, then an Anthony use of such loaded terms as “emergency” to describe a potential adoption would not be out of character at all.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Starchild said:

Even if that were the case, i.e. a pregnant woman dying in childbirth or whatever, wouldn't the baby go into some CPS equivalent and into the adoption process and out to the next  appropriate couple on the waitlist?

TV reality and real life reality are totally different.  My only tv experience of tv births/adoptions is from Friends, where the woman had her twin babies and Monica and Chandler took the babies home that same day. 

Perhaps we'll get an explanation of how it all happened or perhaps we'll never hear another thing about it except that Phil and Anthony will be parents.

• Like 1