Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E05: Take Me Down to Paradise City

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

What I do know that even if he's horribly wrong by some objective standard, I detested Keshia's bullying him on the after party.  I really felt sorry for him having to sit there and take it from her, and from Emily.

here. here!  that was totally uncalled for 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'm on the fence about Orion.  I have little patience for people who get butt-hurt over all sorts of stuff that I don't think should bother them, so I tend to think "just get over it, man."  But then everybody says people are entitled to their feelings, and if he was horribly hurt, then that's how he was, and who am I to judge? 

What I do know that even if he's horribly wrong by some objective standard, I detested Keshia's bullying him on the after party.  I really felt sorry for him having to sit there and take it from her, and from Emily.

I feel that people are entitled to their feelings because feelings are neither right nor wrong, are often irrational, and we often can't help how we feel either.  Because of that I don't feel it's right to judge a person for their feelings.  It's what people do based on their feelings that we are entitled to judge.  If someone feels hurt by a comment but then based on that hurt treats the person that made it poorly or withholds forgiveness when they didn't mean to hurt them, we are entitled to judge that behavior.  And that's what I think we're doing here with Orion.  I also think that's what Keisha was doing.  On the Afterparty she focused on his behavior with Lauren, not his feelings.  I don't know if I would call what she said to him "bullying" in the technical sense, but it could have used a little more tact and finesse for sure.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Was it this?

Jesus loves the little children.

All the children of the world.

Red and yellow, black and white,

They are precious in his sight.

Jesus loves the little children of the world.

I remember it from the 1960s in Texas.  Given that, I doubt it was an anthem for inclusivity.  Probably more like Jesus loves them so you don't need to. 

No, it was meant to be an "anthem of inclusivity" although we didn't use those words back then 😄

• Like 2

Maybe it's just me being insensitive but I felt like I was watching an argument between Lauren & Orion about who's ancestors were treated worse and who was the more traumatized by it.

Orion seems to have made it his whole personality and I think he looks to be the victim & offended by people when they don't know or understand what something means but Lauren did keep digging when she should have just said sorry & changed the subject. 

• Like 5