Type keyword(s) to search

Quiz Lady (2023)

SoMuchTV
  • Start Topic

A gameshow -obsessed woman and her estranged sister work together to help cover their mother's gambling debts.

On Hulu, starring Aquafina and Sandra Oh. I’m just a few minutes into it but seems fun so far. 

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

I just watched. It’s a lot of fun. The leads are such great comic actresses, and just actresses in general. And there’s a lot of heart. 

Sandra Oh and Awkwafina were very nice together and I enjoyed all of the resolutions. I am not a dog person but Mr Linguini was adorable and I was delighted with Jenny's meeting with Ken. I am very squeamish though so I had to close my eyes in one or two spots.

• Like 2

I enjoyed it too. Sandra Oh and Awkwafina had great chemistry together, there were some fun cameos (though the one at the end was bittersweet), and touching and laugh out loud moments. My favorite gag was the various titles for the Quiz Lady viral video. And I think I prefer Will Ferrell when he's more subdued like he was here.

I'm also a sucker for animals used well onscreen, and appreciated that Mr. Linguini didn't have a cutesy gimmick but was just a sweet old dog who liked to hang out with his people and sleep. I was tickled that the bookie's plan was to win him over instead of hurt him. I'm glad everyone got a happy ending but am glad that didn't include their mother because she was terrible.

• Like 2
(edited)

I really enjoyed this.  It was fun to see Awkwafina play the “straight man” to Sandra Oh (who was a lot of fun in this).  

Edited by Phebemarie
  • Like 3