Type keyword(s) to search

After KACL: The Cast in Other Roles

Athena
  • Start Topic

21 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

(I looked up the actor to see if he was cast to somewhat align with Freddie's birthdate.  He was. I also discovered he went to Harvard.)

19 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Wow. 
And he didn’t graduate either: 
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Cutmore-Scott

Coincidence? Inspiration? Weirdly specific casting call?

Or…?
See below.👇

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Dani said:

Am I missing something cause I can’t see anything saying he didn’t graduate. 

I remember seeing press about the show that said he was a Harvard grad. 

The Wikipedia article just carefully does not state he did graduate, using the phrases "was educated at" and "Alma mater" instead of "graduate of."
So, yeah, he may have graduated. I'll edit my other post to reflect that.

This site says he did graduate: superstarsbio.com/bios/jack-cutmore-scott
But I don't see it anywhere else.

The article cited by Wikipedia does indicate he was a senior at Harvard: archive.boston.com/ae/theater_arts/articles/2010/03/05/jack_cutmore_scott_harvard_10_hopes_to_deliver_on_his_promise_in_mr_sloane
This one is from the same time: arts-america.blogspot.com/2010/03/interviewing-jack-cutmore-scott-about.html

I hope he did graduate, but it seems odd to me that if he did graduate, that it's not in Wikipedia. 
My oldest daughter actually walked in her graduation, but never received her diploma because she was supposed to go back and retake a class, and she never did — so that may influence my caution about presuming graduation.

Given that being a Harvard dropout is a big part of his character's background, and given that this show was born with a lot of media attention, I imagine we'll find out for sure soon enough.

25 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

The Wikipedia article just carefully does not state he did graduate, using the phrases "was educated at" and "Alma mater" instead of "graduate of."
So, yeah, he may have graduated. I'll edit my other post to reflect that.

Wikipedia can be well cited but is not that comprehensive. 

In this interview he talks about living in Boston after graduation. 

8 hours ago, Dani said:

Wikipedia can be well cited but is not that comprehensive. 

In this interview he talks about living in Boston after graduation. 

Thanks for finding that interview!

I see it's dated 2016.
Maybe Jack Cutmore-Scott (or Kelsey Grammer, or…?) will soon get an interview that touches on Freddy's Harvard experience versus the actor's.

Now I really want to know which came first: The writing of Freddy as a Harvard dropout or the casting of Jack Cutmore-Scott, the Harvard graduate.
And/or did the casting call include something like "some Ivy League education is a plus"?

(edited)
On 1/16/2024 at 7:17 PM, shapeshifter said:

I just happened to watch the first 2 episodes on Hulu of a new Mandy Patinkin series, "Death and Other Details," and look who's also there: Jack Cutmore-Scott.

And, when looking up Cutmore-Scott on IMDb to be sure it was him in that show, it turns out he was in Oppenheimer too.😮

I watched a few minutes of that.  While I don't think the show is for me I think he's cast better there than on "Frasier".  Violet Beane is the star there.  I remember her from "God Friended Me".

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 1