Type keyword(s) to search

Colin From Accounts - General Discussion

• Start Topic

colin-from-accounts-poster-1383x2048.jpg

Colin From Accounts is an 8 episode raunchy Australian rom-com streaming two episodes a week starting November 9, 2023 on Paramount+. It streamed in Australia in December 2022 on BINGE and aired on BBC Two in the UK. The show  was renewed for a second season in Australia. 

Colin_From_Accounts_Key_Art_02_RT.jpg

Colin From Accounts is set in Sydney, Australia and follows Ashley and Gordon (the two actors are married in real life). The set up for the "Meet Cute" is a breast flash > car accident > injured dog, who they will eventually name Colin From Accounts > followed by a massive vet bill. These are flawed and funny people who are brave enough to show their true selves, scars and all, as they decide to navigate life together.

Colin_From_Accounts_103_Screengrab_27_RT

Patrick Brammall as Gordon, who owns a microbrewery

526db2f5a56a3f67a78e7b18b996c9c4cbcd5bf8

Harriet Dyer as Ashley, a doctor in training 

0d72704bf4322fee7bd351edbf1ce78749d02731

james-tv-show-colin-from-accounts-s01e01

Tai Hara as James, Ashley's ex-boyfriend

skynews-colin-from-accounts_6163791.jpg

Helen Thomson as Lynelle, Ashley's mom

MV5BNTQ4MTllZTgtNWMyOS00ZTE3LThiYmEtNDdl

Darren Gilshenan as Professor Lee, Lynelle's boyfriend

MV5BYTdiNzZmMGYtYjYxNy00MTVlLTk2YTAtN2Yy

Emma Harvie as Megan, Ashley's best friend who works at the same hospital

p0fdrj46.jpg

Genevieve Hegney as Chiara, Gordon’s co-worker

skynews-colin-from-accounts_6163796.jpg

Michael Logo as Brett, Gordon’s co-worker 

MV5BMTJlMTM5MGMtMDFmNi00ZTRiLWE2OGUtZWU5

yvette-zak-gordon-s01e04-colin-from-acco

Annie Maynard as Yvette, the veterinarian, Gordon’s ex-girlfriend 

images-2.jpg

dog-colin-from-accounts-episode-1.jpg

Zac as Colin from Accounts, the (Border Terrier) Dog

Colin-From-Colin-From-Accounts.png

MV5BZmE3ZTFkNDktYWFmYS00NDc4LWE0OTQtODRi

Colin From Accounts    November 9, 2023    Paramount+   

Episodes 1-2   Titles and Descriptions

Spoiler

S01.E01: Flash

SEI_151480064.webp

Gordon's day goes from bad to worse when, distracted by the impulsive actions of an attractive stranger, Ashley, he accidentally hits a stray dog with his car.

S01.E02: Benedict Cumbercrapp

Colin-from-Accounts-S01E02-2612340f88067

When Ashley makes a mess in Gordon's sock drawer, she makes an impromptu trip to Costco with Colin, Megan and her mother, to buy Gordon some new furniture.

Colin From Accounts    November 16, 2023    Paramount+   

Episodes 3-4   Titles and Descriptions

Spoiler

S01.E03: Toyota Cressida
Colin-from-Accounts-S01E03-71bdf0485b3b5
Gordon accidentally sends Ashley a dick pic and chases her from a garage sale to a death bed to try and delete it.

S01.E04: Bubbly Sofie
1084090.jpg
Ash and Gordon's awkward sexual encounter causes them to drift apart.

11 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

I'm really enjoying this.  I wish they had all come out at once because I'd love to binge. 

Agree. I love Patrick Brammall. I was introduced to him as Andy Bouchard on Evil which is one of my favorite shows. I saw an interview with him and Harriet and he said they have ideas for several more seasons. Get cracking on that!!  We'll figure out how to write Andy out of Evil for another season.  His IG is full of pics of himself, Harriet and their dog (and their daughter). One pic of him kissing their dog s labeled "no ordinary love" . 🥰 So writing a show about a dog that brings a couple together was inevitable.

I like that Gordon and Ashley have such great chemistry, (helps they're married IRL), the age difference isn't off putting, but enough to mine great comedy as far as generations having different pop culture references. 

Spoiler

I LOL'ed in Episode 3 when Gordon is taking a bath  and realized what he did.

Spoiler

And every husband of the women who just gave birth telling Ashley what to do.   And Meg's grandmother's dying last words

Spoiler

After their night of drinking, I was yelling at the tv "just tell her what's going on!!!" 

Great new show. Their chemistry is terrific. I love their banter. Feels so natural.

I thought all episodes were available and have been looking desperately for 5-8.

At least I now know they are coming.

Colin From Accounts      November 23, 2023      Paramount+   

Episodes 5-6      Titles and Descriptions

Spoiler

S01.E05: My Amiga
Colin-from-Accounts-S01E05-a957aa0759bd3
The Echo Park gang are impressed when Ashley takes charge during a power outage.

S01.E06: The Good Room
Colin-from-Accounts-S01E06-1058dfa165221
Ashley takes Gordon to her birthday dinner at Lynelle and creepy Professor Lee's house.

Colin From Accounts      November 30, 2023         Paramount+   

Episodes 7-8   Titles and Descriptions

Spoiler

S01.E07: Bandit

Colin_From_Accounts_107_LT_51_RT.jpg

Ashley and Gordon's relationship is tested when she invites her party-loving friends to Echo Park to celebrate her birthday.

8eccd102-fe48-52ea-aad1-45054af30950.jpg

S01.E08: High Needs People

349a6500-8a1a-575d-a991-f620f11b480a.jpg

(Season Finale)

After breaking up, Ashley and Gordon must find a new home for Colin so they can go their separate ways.

I had in the back of my mind since the 3rd or 4th episode, "when are the real owners going to start looking for Colin". 

Gordon was giving me a nervous stomach with his insane outfits at Ashley's birthday party. And her friends are a bunch of assholes. 

In the season finale, they nailed how to get out of giving Colin back to the shitty dad, and then the WTF dog rescue/shelter. 

The ending was perfect.  Gordon and Ashley reuniting, and declaring "let's go get our dog back".   "We're going to make that little girl cry"...."good".  I imagine them climbing the back yard fence and taking him.  

Such a sweet hilarious show. 

• Like 4

Loved this show and I'm thrilled there will be another season. Interestingly, I had a survey email from Paramount+ about it and the survey was ridiculously long - like 20 minutes of very details questions on each character and the show. 

My 2 favorite new comedy discoveries have been Australian shows - this one and Fisk on Netflix. Hilarious!

• Like 1

This was my favourite show of 2023 - I love it so much! At first I wasn't sure about it, but as the episodes went on I fell in love with the characters (including Colin) and was sad when I finished the series. It's so dark and stupid and heartfelt, and Brammall and Dyer are superb.

I was really disappointed when Tara Ariano (formerly of TWoP and Primetimer) on the Extra Hot Great podcast said she'd decided not to watch any more after the dog was injured in the first episode because she hates shows where dogs are hurt. I tweeted her to say the dog becomes the hero and she would be missing the best comedy of the year, but she wasn't swayed. 😞

• Like 1