Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E31: Power Of Veto Competition #10

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

As Derrick patted himself on the back in the DR, over how blowing smoke up Caleb's ass is why he's going to win 500K,  I was thinking to myself.  Wow.  That's how Derrick loses.

Derrick is being way too careful in avoiding looking like he's a threat.  He seems convinced that the risk is in not getting to the F2, but he's a lock once he's there.  Cody and Caleb are talking about making moves.  Whether Derrick engineered them or not, he'll get no credit for it, because his game is making the other HG think its their idea and to take the risk of making an enemy on the jury.  Worse even though Caleb and Cody are all talk and no action, Derrick's insistence to be noncommittal and indecisive and talk it out is going to get blamed for them not making big moves.  Derrick held them back is truth or perception.  I'm not sure which, but it doesn't really matter.

He hasn't connected that he's only manipulating Cody/Caleb/Christine/Frankie so well because they are both deeply stupid and/or egomaniacs.  Does he not get that there is a reasonable chance that they won't believe his F2 speech about how he controlled the game?

The ironic thing will be that if he's in F2 and not against Victoria, his best chance of winning is the failure of his "flawless" strategy.  That Donny/Hayden saw through how he manipulated his own alliance and they swing the jury to him while the people who fell for his manipulations vote against him because he told them to.  He was even "ashamed" to admit it on TV how badly he plays.

I'm not so sure about that.  I think Derrick can have a really effective speech about how he moved through the house and got what he wanted done.  He can say much what he said in the DR tonight.  Donny started to see him as the guy in charge, he sent him packing.  Nicole saw him as the guy behind all the moves and he sent her packing.  I think it would be a really effective speech about how he moved silently and swiftly among them.  

Nicole is going to kick herself when she gets home and watches this show.  One offhand remark, no doubt meant as a compliment to butter Derrick up, and out she goes. 

Yep, Nicole is sure gonna think she's a fruit loop dingus then! She could have had Derrick on her side until she opened her big ol' mouth.  It was a couple of episodes ago when Nicole said she keeps talking herself into trouble and needs to just SHUT UP.  Yes Nicole, you do.  Enjoy the jury...again.  

Derrick is on his way to playing quite possibly the most masterful game in BB history. And I'm rooting for him big time.

Me too.  Sure, it might not be the most exciting season, but he is sure playing the heck out of it.  TEAM DERRICK!

Well this sucks!!!  My local CBS affiliate is having a pissing contest with Directv, and if it lasts as long as MTV's did, no more Big Brother for me!!!

I feel for you:  Directv is pissy with Fox here.  Thankfully, it only affects Masterchef for us.  But you should be able to catch it online at the CBS website tomorrow.  It sucks that you can't forego the commercials that way - but you should be able to see it then.

Three actual steps to winning Big Brother:

1)  Be able to tell the Jeffs from the Dans.  (Easy-peasy.)

2) Always tell a Jeff you think he's a Jeff.  (See:  Derrick buttering up Caleb.)  Jeffs are so stupid, they actually think it's a compliment.

3) Never tell a Dan you think he's a Dan.  They're so damn paranoid.  Even if Nicole did somehow start praising Derrick to the HGs, she's still far less likely than Frankie to win HoH, and far less likely to put Derrick up.  Nicole, ya Froot Loop Dingus.  Sigh.

And thanks to JerseyGirl for letting me know that the HGs are expecting the Double Eviction and are prepared for it, as usual.  Big Brother claiming they are "surprising" the hamsters with this "two pre-planned boots for the price of one" crap is the biggest lie they tell every season, which is why I always hate the DE episodes.  (As I say, over and over again…I'm sure plenty of you were prepared for that, too.)

Nice of Christine to finally realize she's gonna get Britneyed.  Only about seven weeks after she should have, but hey, she's only a superfan who's living with these people 24/7…how could she be able to realize she won't wrap the Jock Squad around her finger, after all?  I mean, that grey hoodie is such a guy magnet, I don't know how they keep off of her…

Derrick is on his way to playing quite possibly the most masterful game in BB history. And I'm rooting for him big time.

I think when you consider "Masterful Games", you have to take into account the qulaity of the competiition.  Yes, Derrick is slick, and playing a good game, but not a great since it seemingly takes ZERO effort to lead this batch of pitiful hamsters by the nose. And he certainly doesn't compare to some of the true BB greats (like Dan Gheesling.)