Type keyword(s) to search

Raven About It: Anticipation for The Fall of the House of Usher

• Start Topic

F5RxT__XkAAIl0b?format=jpg&name=large

The Fall of the House of Usher TV Series is horror TV Series loosely based on the 1839 Edgar Allen Poe short story "The Fall of the House of Usher" among other works by Edgar Allen Poe, like Annabel Lee, Berenice, The Black Cat, The Cask of Amontillado, The Doomed City (The City in the Sea), Landor’s Cottage, Lenore, The Man that was Used Up, The Masque of the Red Death, Metzengerstein, Morella, The Murders in the Rue Morgue, The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket, Never Bet the Devil Your Head, The Pit and the Pendulum, The Premature Burial, The Raven, Some Words with a Mummy, The Spectacles, Spirits of the Dead, Tamerlane, The Tell-Tale Heart, and William Wilson. 

F4KX7KSWYAAM0MH?format=jpg&name=large

Ruthless siblings Roderick and Madeline Usher have built Fortunato Pharmaceuticals into an empire of wealth, privilege and power. But past secrets come to light, the Usher dynasty crumbles when the heirs start dying at the hands of a supernatural shape-shifting demon who takes the form of mysterious woman from their youth. An epic tale of greed, horror and tragedy that Roderick recounts to C. Auguste Dupin, a lawyer determined to put Roderick in prison.

the-fall-of-the-house-of-usher-poster.jp

F51pUlyW8AU2p7h?format=jpg&name=large

the-fall-of-the-house-of-usher-1.jpg

Bruce Greenwood as Roderick Usher, ambitious and driven patriarch of the Usher dynasty. The CEO of Fortunato Pharmaceuticals, a corrupt pharmaceutical company, who must face his shady past when each of his six children begin to die in mysterious and brutal ways.

Bruce Greenwood replaces Frank Langella in this role, who was removed from the production for sexual harassment halfway throught the production and all of Langella's scenes were reshot.

Zach Gilford as Young Roderick Usher

Katie Parker as Annabel Lee, the first wife of Roderick Usher, mother of Frederick and Tamerlane. She tries very hard to see the good in Roderick.  

the-fall-of-the-house-of-usher-6.jpg

Ruth Codd as Juno Usher, the second wife of Roderick Usher and a former drug addict. A strange pairing indeed. 

the-fall-of-the-house-of-usher-10.jpg

Mary McDonnell as Madeline Usher, Roderick’s twin sister, the brains, who helped build the Fortunato Pharmaceutical empire.

Willa Fitzgerald as Young Madeline Usher

Kyliegh Curran as Lenore Usher, daughter of Frederick and Morelle Usher. Finally there is an Usher born with "All The Right Stuff", she is making her Grandfather Roderick proud. 

the-fall-of-the-house-of-usher-9.jpg

Henry Thomas as Frederick Usher, eldest child of Roderick Usher and heir to the family business, although probably not the best choice due to his jealousy and insecurity, which leads to poor decision making.

F52MW-GWkAAu5j_?format=jpg&name=large

Crystal Balint as Morelle "Morrie" Usher, wife of Frederick Usher, a former model and actress. Frederick and Morelle have a child, Lenore.

the-fall-of-the-house-of-usher-3.jpg

Samantha Sloyan as Tamerlane, she would be a better choice to inherit Fortunato Pharmaceuticals, as she and her husband Bill T. "BILLT" Wilson are running their own health and wellness company.

F52BGCKXUAAmzwT?format=jpg&name=large

Matt Biedel as Bill T. "BILLT" Wilson, a fitness social media influencer married to Tamerlane, they run a company together. Bill tries to make his wife happy, but their marriage is starting to tear around the edges.

F52D7trXQAA5byj?format=jpg&name=large

Rahul Kohli as Napoleon Usher, a drug addicted socialite, who is coming apart at the seams.  

the-fall-of-the-house-of-usher-6.jpg

Daniel Jun as Julius, Napoleon's boyfriend.

Aya Furukawa as Tina
the-fall-of-the-house-of-usher-4.jpg

Kate Siegel as Camille L’Espanaye, head of PR for Fortunato Pharmaceuticals, she knows where all of the secrets are buried, and is just waiting for the right time to dig them up. (I believe she is one of Roderick Usher's children).

F515Z2nWoAE9H8Y?format=jpg&name=large

Igby Rigney as Toby 

the-fall-of-the-house-of-usher-2.jpg

Sauriyan Sapkota as Prospero "Perry" Usher, born into wealth and ready to party.

F52Zl1BWwAACXlP?format=jpg&name=large

Paola Nuñez as Dr. Alessandra Ruiz 

the-fall-of-the-house-of-usher-5.jpg

T’Nia Miller as Victorine LaFourcade, the illegitimate Cardiologist daughter of Roderick Usher, a research scientist developing a new type of heart mesh that is still in the testing phase.

the-fall-of-the-house-of-usher-7.jpg

the-fall-of-the-house-of-usher-8.jpg

Carla Gugino as Verna, a shape-shifting demon, who encounters the Usher twins early in their careers.  

F4tdv3DXYAA1NjN?format=jpg&name=large

F51yyQPWgAAC-17?format=jpg&name=large

Mark Hamill as Arthur Pym, the family and corporate lawyer, an unfailingly loyal employee and the Ushers' enforcer, doing what ever it takes to protect the Usher Brand. 

the-fall-of-the-house-of-usher-11.jpg

Carl Lumbly as C. Auguste Dupin, an attorney and a skillful investigator, he has dedicated his life to bringing down the Ushers, who he believes is a "Crime Family".

F51yEj5WYAEI_2n?format=jpg&name=large

Malcolm Goodwin as Young C. Auguste Dupin.

Michael Trucco as Rufus Wilmot Griswold, the charming, confident, and ruthless CEO of Fortunato Pharmaceuticals, before Roderick Usher ascended to the title. 

Nicholas Lea as Judge John Neal 

Robert Longstreet as Mr. Longfellow

Annabeth Gish as Eliza

JayR Tinaco as Faraj

• Thanks 2
  • Useful 1

Mike Flanagan's last few series didn't work for me, but I'll give this a shot to see Carla Gugino wreak vengeance on terrible rich people. I did enjoy Doctor Sleep and thought Kyliegh Curran and Carl Lumbly were great in that, so I'm interested to see what they do in this.

Bruce Greenwood is much more believable as Mary McDonnell's twin than Frank Langella would have been.

• Like 3

I've always been fascinated by this story so I'm interested in watching.

Fanfic story time. Years ago, I thought up a plot for a CW version about a modern teenage Roderick at boarding school making friends with a new scholarship student (the unnamed narrator from the original story), and invites him home during a school break. The other students gives the new guy vague warnings but he just thinks they don't approve of him since he's a poor scholarship student trying to rub elbows with their golden boy. Of course he then meets Rod's twin, the beautiful frail Madeline, and the other inhabitants of the household. At first he's impressed and charmed, but then......stuff happens. And he figures out what the warnings were all about.

But I'm sure this professional Netflix show is almost as good, LOL.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Soundtrack Album for Netflix’s "The Fall of the House of Usher" 
available now to stream/download

Track List: 
1. At Last (3:36)
2. Secretary (3:18)
3. Burial (1:01)
4. Mother (1:59)
5. F*ck Blippi (9:16)
6. Aftermath (1:27)
7. Rumors (1:06)
8. Opportunity (1:47)
9. A Shorter Elevator Ride (3:21)
10. Trowel (2:03)
11. Candy (2:54)
12. True Nature (2:16)
13. Camille (0:42)
14. Uncanny (1:25)
15. At War (2:05)
16. The Raven (2:28)
17. Honey (1:58)
18. I’m the Candy Man (2:12)
19. Scorpions (1:03)
20. Fairytale (2:19)
21. There Is No Going Back (0:59)
22. Quite a View (2:38)
23. Arthur Gordon Pym (3:11)
24. Water Under the Glass (0:53)
25. Important People (2:38)
26. Goldbug (1:11)
27. The Most Important Employee (4:52)
28. Who Am I (1:25)
29. You Are My Perfect Creation (2:04)
30. The City in the Sea (3:45)
31. Legend King (2:12)
32. Compass (6:49)
33. Folie a Deux (1:27)
34. Foundation (2:11)
35. Wicked Game (feat. Daisy Gray) (4:09)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1