Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: This Is Our Zig

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

1pCIraQpR1rnWaPaetbWJfFURts.jpg
Shelly gets a taste of college life while joining Joyce on her victory-lap trip to Vassar; Doug accompanies Tina to her mom's retirement party and learns some surprising news; Bambi connects with Richie on a trip of their own.

Premiere Date: August 25, 2023

I mean, I've flown first class, but that's like being locked in the bathroom compared to flying in the 1970s. 

I have to laugh at the professor being at 'office hours'. Like you don't cancel for pick-your-reason. It's too windy. I enjoy Shelly and Joyce together. They haven't been together much on screen this season. I always love Lennon Parham, so more time is good for me. I've said in the other episodes that Joyce has been up her own ass, and she really condescended to Shelly. 

I'm glad Shelly called her on it. She had to be the one to do it. I don't remember if they said Shelly was 10 years older and took care of Joyce growing up. 

There was a lot going on. Bambi and Richie, Joyce and Shelly, Doug and Tina, Tina's mom. 

I so want to know what the full Vassar experience is. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I am glad Joyce has been knocked down a notch. I think she was getting a bit to big in her own mind. 

After a little bit of a slow start I am enjoying this season as much, if not more, than last. 

• Like 1

Doug the snake charmer! Well, that’s new. 😆

Constance wants Tina to run the Europe division. Doug thinks the job is his, as discussed with Joyce. What a tricky situation! Constance and Joyce need to be on the same page. Ladies, talk to each other. Geez.

The dynamic shift within Minx team and their individual struggles - so hard to watch. Minx is no longer a family to Richie - he’s feeling out of place. Bambi is still confused and lost - she’s feeling unseen.

The trip to Vassar has been eye-opening to both Joyce and Shelly. While Shelly continues with her self-exploration, Joyce seems to be walking on clouds, basking on her success. She’s so selfish and out of touch. Her favorite professor doesn’t even recognize her. I like the part where Shelly reminds Joyce about the sacrifices she made after their mother left.

The bit that I love the most is the meatball conversation at the retirement party. Doug handles it with patience and charm. 💕

”I licked it off.”  😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
7 hours ago, Dminches said:

I am glad Joyce has been knocked down a notch. I think she was getting a bit to big in her own mind. 

I like her, but she was insufferable in this episode. I think the timing of her comeuppance was good, in terms of plotting. I couldn't take too much more, but this was the right venue for it to happen. 

13 minutes ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

Constance wants Tina to run the Europe division. Doug thinks the job is his, as discussed with Joyce. What a tricky situation! Constance and Joyce need to be on the same page. Ladies, talk to each other. Geez.

I wonder if Constance thought Joyce would just go along with it. With Club Minx, Constance deferred to Joyce's decision and actually said, "It's Joyce's call". Within that context, Constance was out of line promising Tina the job. 

35 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I wonder if Constance thought Joyce would just go along with it. With Club Minx, Constance deferred to Joyce's decision and actually said, "It's Joyce's call". Within that context, Constance was out of line promising Tina the job. 

Constance doesn’t like Doug since the beginning. Her conversation with Joyce at the Beverly Hills Kennel Club dog show is a clear sign.

CONSTANCE: “That kind of bravado is very risky.”

JOYCE: “I would not be here if it weren’t for him. Minx is as much his success as it is mine.”

After spending some times at Minx, she realizes that Tina is ambitious and also the voice of reason there. She needs her to be on her side. With that promotion, Tina is indebted to her.

Constance is playing a long game. Everything is calculated. Doug and Joyce need to confront her about the hiring decision.

They could’ve hired a well-connected European for that position. No worries about relocating costs and US (HQ) replacement.

I agree with all that. I was just pointing out, ultimately, if Joyce says, "Doug will head European operations", legally, that's it. Constance herself said that on the Club Minx. 

Yes, though, she's trying to freeze Doug out or cut him loose, and that's a problem because he has been contributing to the success of Minx. 

Maybe now with Joyce getting a wake up call, she'll see more what's going on. 

I prefer Joyce and Doug working together. I think that's the strength of the show. They haven't really been at odds, but he was clearly put out with her quashing Club Minx.