Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Disco Balls and Clue Walls / S02.E10: Needle in a Haystack

• Start Topic

I was suspicious that the editing made the final three celebrity relatives more of a mystery than they actually were and Gabe’s interviews have confirmed that. 

I think after the last challenge, Chris was pretty clear. I went down the train of thought, like, man, who was Michael [Jackson]'s rival in the '70s? I went down that train of thought, like, who was that person? And I kind of had Donny Osmond in the back pocket for a while, but just needed more confirmation. 

He said that when he was younger he did a project that JB Smoove was also involved with. They never worked together but he was in awe that he was involved. And that he even said his name to Monay at one point and her reaction made him more suspicious. 

6 hours ago, Gravity Check said:

Okay, I look a lot different than I did in the 1970s, too, but I was shocked at seeing present-day Donny Osmond. Chris looks like the Donny I remember more than the actual Donny does.

Yeah, it's a shame that Donny has overdone the plastic surgery in the last few years, as has Marie.  

• Like 3
On 9/1/2023 at 5:14 PM, Dani said:

I was suspicious that the editing made the final three celebrity relatives more of a mystery than they actually were and Gabe’s interviews have confirmed that. 

He said that when he was younger he did a project that JB Smoove was also involved with. They never worked together but he was in awe that he was involved. And that he even said his name to Monay at one point and her reaction made him more suspicious. 

He certainly ddn't balk when Karly threw out "Jay Pharoah".  It's easy for him to say now that he knew but I don't buy it.

24 minutes ago, JH Lipton said:

He certainly ddn't balk when Karly threw out "Jay Pharoah".  It's easy for him to say now that he knew but I don't buy it.

Carly mentioned Jay Pharoah as a possibility to Chris not Gabe. I think the only time we saw Gabe and Carly talking was when she suggested Prince for Chris. 

Monay confirmed in a separate interview that Gabe brought up JB Smoove to her earlier and that she went into the finale knowing for certain that he knew. 

I suspected for awhile that Gabe know more than it appeared so I have no problem believing his interviews. 

16 hours ago, Diana Berry said:

What happens if the final two don’t know who each other is?

This is where winning that last challenge is an advantage. You can try to get rid of the person you don't know in that first guess off (either by setting them up to guess the third person wrong, or hoping the third person will guess them accurately). If that fails, and you still end up with them in the final guess off, and you feel pretty confident they don't know who you are, you make them guess you. 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

This is where winning that last challenge is an advantage. You can try to get rid of the person you don't know in that first guess off (either by setting them up to guess the third person wrong, or hoping the third person will guess them accurately). If that fails, and you still end up with them in the final guess off, and you feel pretty confident they don't know who you are, you make them guess you. 

Right see that now.  The last challenge was a big key. 

• Like 2