Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: King and Commoner

• Start Topic

(edited)

The scenes between Prisoner Guy and his husband were genuinely moving. I’ll give the show that.

I knew Master Trader was going to do the Switch with Asshat Dictator (Is there another kind of dictator?) but it was still satisfying to see.

Gorgeous set design and costumes.

Gaal and Hardow are really having an adventure! Not a typical mother-daughter relationship but I like where it’s going. Ditto for those two clerics in red.

Overall I really enjoyed this episode. 

Edited by marinw
  • Like 4
(edited)

The man-made rings rings are stunning, and they show us one example of how building these rings (and other huge engineering projects) requires destroying the ecosystems of entire planets. I think this is a Star Wars thing too, although I am not an expert on that franchise.

Edited by marinw
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, marinw said:

The scenes between Prisoner Guy and his husband were genuinely moving. I’ll give the show that.

I feel like it would have had more impact if we had seen any of their back story. I thought the actors brought it but I wasn’t as moved as I would have been if I knew them before.

why does every episode feel like it is 2 hours long?

• Like 3
46 minutes ago, gibasi said:

I feel like it would have had more impact if we had seen any of their back story. I thought the actors brought it but I wasn’t as moved as I would have been if I knew them before.

why does every episode feel like it is 2 hours long?

Because it's more of a slow burn set across centuries than a wham bang explosion of action to grab your attention.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
(edited)

So many details in this show. Like the planet that looked sort of European with the all-female army. Like the Dora Milaje but mostly white and evil-ish.

Edited by marinw
  • Like 1
On 7/30/2023 at 10:30 AM, Shrek said:

Because it's more of a slow burn set across centuries than a wham bang explosion of action to grab your attention.

Lol. It’s the action scenes that bore me. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

So has it only occurred to Demerzel  NOW that you can get people to do things you want by being nice to them? Or was her challenge in convincing Day that his go-to strategy of threats and imprisonment won't always yield the results he wants?

Edited by marinw
  • Like 1