Type keyword(s) to search

Telemarketers

• Start Topic

HBO Original three-part docuseries TELEMARKETERS, directed by Adam Bhala Lough and Sam Lipman-Stern and executive produced by Benny Safdie, Josh Safdie, Dani Bernfeld, Danny McBride, David Gordon Green, and Jody Hill, debuts SUNDAY, AUGUST 13 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on HBO and will be available to stream on Max, followed by episodes two and three airing subsequent Sundays at the same time.

TELEMARKETERS chronicles the darkly comedic, unexpected 20-year journey of two unlikely office buddies, who stumble upon the murky truth behind the work they've been doing at a seedy New Jersey call center - persuading people to give money to charities - and vow to expose the crooked American telemarketing industry from within. As amateur sleuths looking to shine a light on the billion-dollar scam, with raucous insider access, raw eyewitness footage, and a comedic cast of call center characters, the film is a madcap story of an unruly, low-wage environment and two long-time office buddies who find themselves hot on the trail of a sobering look at the dark side of American capitalism and the misuse of consumer trust.

Full press release http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2023/07/26/hbo-original-docuseries-telemarketers-debuts-august-13-850113/20230726hbo01/

Trailer

I lasted ten minutes.  Who thought raw footage of assholes being assholes for a living was a great idea for a documentary? 

Well, like most shows, movies, and books, obviously the first 10 minutes is not the entirety of a story. One of my first thoughts was that I would hate to work there. But it goes without saying that that was not the point of the finished documentary, haha! I thought it was fascinating.

I liked it, yes, they were assholes. So glad I don’t live in NJ. Looking forward to the rest of it.

Wise choice -- after all, everyone in this state is just like the few people we see here.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 1