Type keyword(s) to search

Secret Invasion in Comics and Cartoons

• Start Topic

I know in a lot of forums, comics spoilers are not allowed in the general threads.  I thought it might be good to have a place to discuss how Secret Invasion has been handled in the comics and the various cartoons.  For me personally, I realized today that a lot of my expectations for this series were shaped by how it was handled in the Earth’s Mightiest Heroes cartoon.  What about you all?  What do you think might or might not happen, based on the original comics storyline and/or how it’s been handled in the Marvel cartoons? 

• Like 1

So in the Secret Invasion storyline in the comics (which I haven’t read) and in Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, one of the major characters was Veranke, the Skrull Queen.  In the comics, she replaced Jessica Drew (Spider-Woman).  In EMH, she replaced Bobbi Morse (Mockingbird).   

I know right now the Big Bad of the series is Gravik, but I’m wondering whether he might actually be reporting to someone else further up, and if Veranke might pop up later as someone we already know.  Sharon Carter perhaps? Or Olivia Coleman’s character?   I had thought possibly Maria Hill but the first episode seems to rule that out.  

• Like 1
On 6/25/2023 at 12:30 AM, Starfish35 said:

So in the Secret Invasion storyline in the comics (which I haven’t read) and in Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, one of the major characters was Veranke, the Skrull Queen.  In the comics, she replaced Jessica Drew (Spider-Woman).  In EMH, she replaced Bobbi Morse (Mockingbird).   

I know right now the Big Bad of the series is Gravik, but I’m wondering whether he might actually be reporting to someone else further up, and if Veranke might pop up later as someone we already know.  Sharon Carter perhaps? Or Olivia Coleman’s character?   I had thought possibly Maria Hill but the first episode seems to rule that out.  

Given the track record with women, maybe Rhodey. 

11 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

It wouldn’t shock me for it to be Rhodey.  Or maybe even the President.  Right now I’m guessing Fury’s wife though - “Varra” = “Veranke”.

Oh god dammit, I think you’re right. It’s so like the MCU to give Fury a wife just to have her end up being the Skrull queen.

• Like 1