Type keyword(s) to search

S15.W05 (E20-24)

• Start Topic

Noooo... not Uncle Robbie! 🥹 I have to say, though, I wasn't really surprised.  It was only a matter of time before they went from praising the many fish curries to the skies to "Is that all you can cook, mate?"  And obviously that time has arrived.  

@Snazzy Daisy, thank you for making me look at Malissa's butt to see what the cameraman's all worked up about 🤣

Cath rather surprised me today with how well she knows her cheeses, and as for Phil, I've never even HEARD of Comte cheese until tonight. 

I'm not sure I'm up for an entire week of "beat the chefs"... let's see how it all shakes out.

(edited)

S15•E20 - Aussie Classic Elimination Challenge

Wow! Cath and Phil have impressive knowledge on cheeses. 😯

Rue makes another Swiss roll and Malissa makes another pasta. Same old same old. But the judges say nothing to them.

I always thought that Robbie is gonna be eliminated in one of the complex dessert pressure test. The tunnel vision and the last minute pivot are his downfall. Good bye Uncle Robbie!

I like “Beating the Chefs” challenge because some of them have fun personalities and some are easy on the eyes. But based on the preview, all I can see is chefs with messy, smelly hair. 2023 producers seem to have questionable tastes. 😣

When Malissa inviting herself into Round 2, Phil makes a weird face. Am not sure whether he is winking at her, smirking or having a mild stroke! 😂

88E48D0D-2FD5-474F-907B-6DF1C42ED487.jpeg

3 hours ago, katisha said:

@Snazzy Daisy, thank you for making me look at Malissa's butt to see what the cameraman's all worked up about 🤣

It's my pleasure, love! 🤣

Edited by Snazzy Daisy
  • LOL 1
(edited)

That was actually a really enjoyable episode.  I liked the crew from Nomad, especially the adorable Lakhan, who I want to put in my pocket and take home with me so he can cook me some beautiful desserts! 💞

Brent and Theo on the gantry looked like they've really bonded as the backwards hat brothers!

I'm getting so cynical about this show because whenever we end up with a result like this i.e. Grace heroically saves her team-mates from elimination but she herself cannot be saved because an unfortunate bout of illness means she's up for elimination this week regardless, I very, very strongly suspect producer shenanigans because, let's face it, it's as much of a good story as Declan ending up in elimination the very same week he a) beats the chef and b) gets an immunity pin!  Was I imagining it or did Jacqui from Nomad look just a tad peeved about the "surprise" result?

And I STILL don't know who Grace reminds me of! Arggh, stupid old brain 🤣 But at times, from certain angles, I do see a young Judy Garland.

Judy Garland 2.jpg

Judy Garland 1.jpg

Edited by katisha
  • Like 3

S15•E21 - NOMAD Mystery Box Challenge

I guess the editing makes this episode feels a bit uneventful.

Yay, good job Grace! You’re such a risk taker. And Jacqui seems a ‘lil bit unhappy to be losing to a home cook. I guess we won’t be seeing NOMAD team anytime soon. 😆

Jacqui’s crab salad and Lakhan’s parfait look yummy. When the judges complimenting Lakhan’s dessert, Jacqui looks like a proud momma. 

I laugh at the judges’ word salad, exaggerating their comments about flavors - it’s out of control, it’s dynamite, it’s brilliant, rich & decadent, sublime & considerate textures. So OTT. 😂

The funniest bit is when Mel calls Rhiannon “the master of flavors”. Err Mel, did you forget about that beef rendang disaster? Is it truly a flavors master when all you do is adding chilli to most of your dishes? 🤔

• LOL 2
7 hours ago, katisha said:

Was I imagining it or did Jacqui from Nomad look just a tad peeved about the "surprise" result?

I don't have any sympathy for chefs who come to compete on this show and think it'll be judged fairly any more than I have sympathy for a contestant getting edited into the various stereotypical boxes this show loves.

Maybe Grace did have the best dish, but I'd sure rather eat at Nomad than have her cook for me after seeing that Froot Loop horror she made last week. And if the "secret surprise" of this season is that the contestants beat 2/3 of the guest chefs throughout, I'm going to be the opposite of how happy Grace and the increasingly annoying Rhiannon were today.

On a positive note, the food looked good overall!

• Like 1

S15•E22 - Khanh Nguyen's Three-Course Meal Pressure Test

Today’s episode is more enjoyable than yesterday because of the great vibes from Nu Nu team. Nick Holloway is such a supportive and caring boss with unique earrings. Am actually rooting for him and Christopher.

Khanh Nguyen‘s dishes are visually intimidating. They look so yummy!

I thought Ralph is going to nail all the elements. But he waits until the very last minute to do the waffle. Theo and Grace panicking on the gantry, so cute!

Phil tells the camera (and himself) to always read the recipe. Then he f*cks-up big time - missing a step on grinding the spices and putting his pie on the top shelf of the oven. Unexpectedly, Khanh likes his wagyu rendang. Maybe Phil can share the rendang recipe with Rhiannon! 🤣

Christopher slaysssss this challenge! 💪🏼

I like that Nick can laugh about how he messes-up his macadamia tofu. While Malissa confidently says her tofu looks amazing. Rrrrrrrright! 🙄

B1934778-0DA2-4222-B13A-7E0C8F558A94.jpeg

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Wow, the last two nights have been a bit embarrassing for the home cooks, haven't they?  Pretty much from the get-go of last night's episode it was painfully obvious that Phil, Malissa and Ralph weren't even in the same postcode as the professional crew.  And tonight, pretty much the same thing happened again.  I actually don't think it was very fair on the Masterchef contestants, though.  Relay challenges are never easy and the slight "handicap" they gave the professional crew was that the judges picked the order they cooked in.  Well, seeing as they work together all day, every day, how much of a disadvantage would that have been?  I think it would have been much fairer to not allow the professional chefs to communicate at the handoover, but let the contestants have a brief chat.

I cannot work Declan out at all.  Did he seriously choose to make an Asian dish against a professional crew from a Cantonese specialty restaurant?  And did he give any thought to what the other two cooks in the challenge were best at?  When has Kath ever cooked a dish with Asian flavours?  And as Adi pointed out, if you're going to do "Asian flavours" it's best to differentiate between Chinese or Japanese or Malaysian or Thai, etc! It would have been so much more sensible to do something which took into account all the contestants' strengths and weaknesses. 

I have a horrible feeling that Brent aka The Chosen One will be part of a winning team tomorrow.  Sigh.

• Like 1

S15•E23 - Non Verbal Team Relay

Who dresses Andy and Mel today? Fugly T-shirt and fugly top. Both look dated. 👎🏻

The MCAU golden boy has made a big mistake today by going Asian and chooses fish as their protein. He plays to HIS strength without thinking about his teammates. Great job Declan! 🙄

Chaotic Cath has proven it again that she’s a liability when it comes to a team challenge. All she does is making some salads, plus rearranging some bottles. Mixed clues left by Declan totally don’t help.

Adi says Stanley team doesn’t have much to lose - this is just plain stupid. Hello, what about their reputation?

How can chefs who specialize in Cantonese cooking manage to f*ck-up their rice? Unbelievable. Overall, they work well together. Ben is the MVP for laying out the groundwork in a clean and structured way.

“My number one goal is not to become a meme.”

Yeah Louis, you aren’t that interesting, mate! 😆

• Like 2

I'm going to come out and say it. I don't like Malissa. Just the way she spells her name irritates me and she can't cook anything but pasta and sometimes she can't even execute that properly!!!! 

Grace however, I find delightful!

Love reading all your comments by the way! I felt like I should make an effort to post lest you all stop commenting because I enjoy reading your comments so much!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I'm going to come out and say it. I don't like Malissa. Just the way she spells her name irritates me and she can't cook anything but pasta and sometimes she can't even execute that properly!!!! 

Grace however, I find delightful!

Malissa was the first contestant that I like. Not anymore. Even her grating voice annoys me. 😣

There’s a sub in Reddit that listed out all the dishes that she has cooked so far. She cooked pastas 4 times, the rest were some basic dishes. Some people believe that she should be criticized for cooking basic dishes.

TBH, I feel like the producers will keep her as long as they can because she’s “marketable” as an influencer. She has the look & personality. As a nutritionist, she can be useful to one of the major sponsor - Coles. She could be their ambassador, like Brent.

When it comes to creativity, I think Alice is more creative than Malissa and Rue. I really don’t want to see another Swiss rolls from Rue.

I like Grace too. She has some funny expressions, then the Robbie’s swagger. 😂 Grace is a risk taker. I just hope she stays far away from the Froot Loops® from now on. I do want to see her as a team captain one day. And her friendship with Theo is adorable!  

5EED254C-5038-485B-BA2F-84AF680A4CCA.jpeg

• Love 1

Wow, I honestly was preparing myself for Brent to win tonight's challenge and to protest loudly about how much bullshit it was that his dish was supposedly better than those from the Serai chefs. So glad I was wrong.  Don't get me wrong - Brent did the best out of the three competing today, but that might not be saying much.

7 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

There’s a sub in Reddit that listed out all the dishes that she has cooked so far. She cooked pastas 4 times, the rest were some basic dishes. Some people believe that she should be criticized for cooking basic dishes.

TBH, I feel like the producers will keep her as long as they can because she’s “marketable” as an influencer. She has the look & personality. As a nutritionist, she can be useful to one of the major sponsor - Coles. She could be their ambassador, like Brent.

When it comes to creativity, I think Alice is more creative than Malissa and Rue. I really don’t want to see another Swiss rolls from Rue.

There are a couple still left who seem pretty limited in terms of what they can do (yes, I'm looking at you, Malissa and Rue and Rhiannon - can she make ANYTHING without adding a ton of chilli to it?)  But I'm wondering at what point we need to start preparing ourselves for a final three of Declan, Brent and Theo.  It's been such a female-dominated couple of years on this show that I feel pretty strongly they're going to do a big 180 now.  Just a theory and not backed up by spoilers (because for once I've resisted the temptation to go there, so far!)

Ooh I wouldn't mind a finale of Theo, Declan and Brent. I'd be happier if they swap Brent for Grace but besides Grace most of the ladies really bug me this season. 

The three you suggested @katisha is much less offensive than a finale of Malissa, Rhiannon and Cathy/Rue. Yikes to that thought!

• LOL 1
(edited)

S15•E24 - Ingredients or Time Invention Test

I think this is the first time we see clueless Theo. I hope he won’t be in this mindset on Sunday’s elimination.

“Am hoping my teammates are carrying me.”

Really Rue? 🤦🏻‍♀️ Am starting to feel like she is a one trick pony, hiding behind her friendly laughs. Hmm.

Brent can do no wrong huh. The judges shower him with compliments over stuffed zucchini flowers with caviar - it is so good, bouncy texture, absolute genius, clever, considered, beautifully finessed. Is this for real? 🙄

Do you count how many times “Serai” is mentioned by Ross, Shane and Leandro? Free marketing at its best. Serai’s waiting list is definitely getting longer after this. Hope to see these 3 cool guys again in MC kitchen.

There’s no way the home cooks can beat these yummy looking dishes from Serai. 😋

1A4F3A7A-9D4E-4CE0-8D97-A3228517167B.jpeg

E7D136F8-4881-4D18-BCA6-D2351791E98D.jpeg

6AEB9297-F3B8-4076-909A-EDD3FD06DAB5.jpeg

6 hours ago, katisha said:

But I'm wondering at what point we need to start preparing ourselves for a final three of Declan, Brent and Theo. 

My perfect TOP 3 would be - Theo, Grace and Brent/Antonio.

Edited by Snazzy Daisy
  • Like 2

I just watched Ep24 and Rue is grating on my last nerve. I think I hit peak distaste when she had that irritating giggle and said she is going to hope that her team mates bail her out of this one.

Am enjoying the show otherwise though! It's interesting because I watch a lot of cooking reality TV (it's my weakness) and Ep24 confirmed how generous the MasterChef franchise is with their time limits (even the UK version). Most of the other shows I watch have very tight time limits and 30 minutes would be considered a treat. Granted most of the other shows I watch deal with professionals.

• Like 1