Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: A New World, Part 2: The Blues

Trini
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Iris is alarmed by Barry's disappearance and Cecile assures her everything will be ok, but does she know that for certain? Team Flash is affected by a mysterious substance and Khione develops a better understanding of what she can and cannot control.

Kayla Compton directed the episode with story by Lauren Fields and teleplay by Kristen Kim.

Airdate: 5/10/2023

Edited by Trini
(edited)

I wonder if Grant Gustin has some off days built into his contract, or if they ran into a massive time crunch when filming this last set of episodes, because having him MIA for most of this seems like an unusual choice. 

Speaking of MIA, I guess Joe doesn't need to be there for the birth of his granddaughter?  Nor did anyone think to call him when his old partner miraculously returns from the dead?  Yes, it's the future, but Korber knows about it.  Korber also looks exactly the same as her present day self, so she must use the same skin lotion that Jay Garrick does.  I'm also not sure that removing a bullet from your chest is supposed to prove your identity.  Was she supposed to run some forensics on that?   

They can babble about Khione's being a goddess all they want, the plant aspect makes her seem like a cross between Poison Ivy and Swamp Thing.

Edited by baldryanr
  • Like 2

Yeah, we are really starting to feel the effects of Jesse L. Martin's shorten availability because Joe not being there for the birth of his granddaughter is bizarre.  Or, again, at the very least just have someone throw in a line like the trains are delayed and he won't get there until morning or something.  Just feels lazy at this point.

Knew Chilllame wasn't actually Chillame, but I guess I can buy that the rest of Team Flash wouldn't notice with everything else that was going on.  But the lack of wiseass remarks alone was a huge red flag.  Whatever issues I might have with him in general, he is nothing but steadfast when it comes to quipping in the face of danger!

So, it sounds like they are setting up the Negative Speed Force to be the (or one of) the endgame baddies.  Cool....

Oh, man, they literally made Khione a goddess.  Or, at least in her mind she is.  Even though I still feel like she's just Poison Ivy without all of the aspects that make Poison Ivy a good/fun character.

Home stretch, people!

• Like 2
(edited)
On 5/11/2023 at 7:06 PM, thuganomics85 said:

Home stretch, people!

I'm trying to hang in there, but after such a solid episode focused on the show's lead and history of the show last week, I did not like that this one had so much of the new mcguffin and deus ex machina characters: Chillame and Khione.

The stuff with Not?Eddie was weird, and didn't explain much, but it at least seems like it's leading to something.

Edited by Trini
  • Like 1

Oh great, exactly who I want to spend the last few episodes of this show with: Discount Captain Cold and Diet Coke Swamp Thing. After two shockingly good episodes, actually focused on the lead characters and the shows history that really felt like a finale season, we are back to our regularly scheduled nonsense. I did at least enjoy the Iris scenes with her worrying about Barry and our babies finally being on their way, but they were certainly not enough to save this episode. Who the hell thought it was a good idea to focus the shows last episodes on two new, boring supporting characters instead of our actual leads? Barry was gone all episode and Iris didn't get nearly enough screentime, instead we had to sit through endless dull as dirt scenes between these two chemistry vacuums, one of whom wasn't even actually there. 

I guessed right away that Chilllame wasn't Chilllame. If he was the real deal, he would have been spending more time making stupid jokes than talking about how he wants to help Barry, very bold of them to ask us to care about Khione possibly having to kill Mark, a true ethical dilemma. Who does the audience want dead more, the Negative Speedforce, or Mark? I guess Khione is an earth goodness now? I would normally be frustrated at how little sense that makes, but nothing with the Snow sisters has ever made sense, so I guess its at least consistent. 

I know that Jessie L Martin can only be around so long, but they probably should have picked a scene of Joe reacting to his new grandchild over checking in with him in the suburbs with Cecile a few episodes ago. 

We're in the endgame now folks!

• Like 2