Type keyword(s) to search

Still: A Michael J. Fox Movie

• Start Topic

I’m so glad we watched it.  It felt so honest and raw.  Tracy Pollan is nothing short of amazing: you would always want her in your corner.  Well done.

• Like 5
(edited)

Watched it tonight. I loved how he used clips from his movies as “re-enactments” of certain moments of his life.

Aw, Siskell and Ebert were a little hard on For Love or MoneyI thought it was a cute movie.

But man, it was hard watching how he’s prone to have more falls and accidents now. Every time whoever was with him warned him that he was walking too fast, I kept thinking that they should hold his hand or something, just to make sure he doesn’t trip. But I know he doesn’t want to be babied like that.

It’s a good thing Tracey came into his life and kept him grounded before fame got to his head too much. And was able to call him out when he started to spiral into drinking after his diagnosis.

I’m glad that his family are so supportive. The kids got so big so fast…

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 3

I watched about half of this so far.  I think it's wonderful.  I had fun seeing the old clips and appreciate his present day honesty and humility.  That scene where he falls on the street when he twists around to say high to a fan on the street was both heartbreaking and funny. 

• Like 3

Watched this tonight with my wife as one last thing before we cancel our Apple tv subscription. It was really well done. Using clips from his various movies to represent his life was really cool. I especially liked it because while Back to the Future is one of my favourite movies (and was probably my favourite for awhile), I was only 7 when it came out, so I had no idea how big a celebrity he had been at the time. 

Of course the stuff showing him dealing with Parkinson's was really eye opening. Especially the stuff I never really thought about like all the falls and how he almost lost his finger. It was also interesting to see the clips of all the times his arm was having tremors on Spin City and he was hiding it. I also couldn't help but wonder if someone had to watch a ton of Spin City to find those clips.