Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Thank You, Next

• Start Topic

See I don't think Bliss really means it anymore. Initially, yes I think she had some reservations. But now it feels like she's just repeating it because that's the storyline producers have given them. She's all in, but the producers are directing her to bring up being second choice so that there's more unsurety going into the weddings. The producers don't want a show where all the couples are happy and excited and ready to get married. They need drama and they'll manufacture it when it isn't there.

• Like 2

Marshall's problem is that he's a problem solver, not every problem has to be solved and I can see how that would get old fast ( for example, his forcing a coat on her when she clearly didnt need it). Even though, I might not agree with the way that she ended the relationship, it had to end. One month in and it was toxic as hell.

Brett/Tiffany seem to glide along with little to no struggles. The edit is doing them no favors. I get theyre the golden couple, doesnt mean we cant see any struggles

Honestly shocked at all the mean girls things said about Micah. She's relatively boring, her relationship with Paul is the leat memorable thing about the show.

Zack/Bliss seems so manufactured that its crazy. They're clearly getting married, but Im starting to wonder of its for them, or the online presence such an arrangement would bring.

I think Kwame is ultimately cool with moving, he just doesnt want to lose himself, as hes pretty much making all the sacrifices from what we see. Its more about his having his sacrifices acknowledged. A bit sad that the dude has to rely on a pod mate cuz none of his family/friends could come up.

• Like 1
On 4/11/2023 at 8:40 AM, jabRI said:

Moving also comes down to jobs.  If Chelsea has a stable job in healthcare, it may be difficult to uproot due to client continuity.  She certainly could start over, but its a different level of event than deciding which couch to work from, one in Seattle or Portland.  I'm fully remote, so I'm not downplaying, just saying she's facing a different reality that Kwame.  He may not 'want' to move, she may have more actual restrictions in terms of her career.  She would be starting over, he would not.

Agreed.  Someone upthread mentioned having to be newly licensed in another state, which is something I hadn’t considered.  But everything he says about his sacrifice moving to be with her is not just mirrored for her moving to be with him, it’s actually much more for her.  Her job, her clients, potentially license issues, and her very close-knit family are all things he doesn’t need to consider on his side.  He can work from anywhere and his family is the opposite of close since his mother won’t even pick up the phone to speak to him.  I get that he likes Portland but he knew the show was based in Seattle.  I don’t know why he keeps saying “she won’t compromise” - what compromise is there between living in Portland or Seattle?  Both of them moving halfway which would work for neither?  Someone has to move if they marry.  He could find a soccer league and running trail in Seattle too; he just doesn’t want to because Chelsea isn’t his dream girl.  

• Like 1