Type keyword(s) to search

Mrs. Patmore: The Dowager of the Downstairs

Several seasons ago, Mrs. Patmore had vision problems and had surgery.  IIRC we were not told exactly what the problem was.  I guessed it was cataracts.  Cataract surgery was available at the time, but she would have had to wear thick glasses for the rest of her life, which she is not doing.  Is there another logical explanation, or is this another thing we're supposed to overlook?

• Love 1

Several seasons ago, Mrs. Patmore had vision problems and had surgery.  IIRC we were not told exactly what the problem was.  I guessed it was cataracts.  Cataract surgery was available at the time, but she would have had to wear thick glasses for the rest of her life, which she is not doing.  Is there another logical explanation, or is this another thing we're supposed to overlook?

, Like many other things about this show, I think we're supposed to handwave that away.

On a side note, I'm catching up on the previous seasons of The Great British Bake Off that never made it here to the US (thank you, YouTube!) and there is a woman in S2 who, when I shut my eyes, I think sounds just like Mrs. Patmore.  

Is it just me? It seems like Mrs. Patmore has trimmed down quite a bit from earlier seasons. As a former very fat girl who lost a lot of weight, I'm not criticizing her appearance at any size, it just seems like there is just spatially a lot less Mrs. Patmore than there used to be. . . 

Edited by SailorGirl