Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: The Best Ingredient For Investment

sorry the  Whole Beast. As soon as I saw the concept, I knew they wouldn't get picked since this show already did one with that guy with the small plates and butchering the entire hog and the wife that nearly cost them the deal. I think it was only because he worked in famous resturants that gave him the deal in the end.

• Love 1

I am no fan of anchovies, but their concept intrigued me. I liked the name, loved the final logo treatment. When the man picked blue for the wall color, I could almost hear the Death March playing in the background. Glad they changed the color.

If I had nickel for every time that girl said "like".....

• Love 1

Oh lord, Cooks, the blue....the blue.....

Painter guy was about to hand that chick her head, but she was so right that the blue was wrong.  The re-do was a HUGE improvement, even though the tacky brick-patterned wall covering was pretty obvious.  But for a 36-hour job, they pulled it off pretty well. And good to see T&J working together on the deal, since they usually do them separately. Very Shark-tanky with the duo financing. 

I just watched it on the CNBC website, since I forgot to record it to my DVR last night.  No commercials or breaks on the replay.  I may do that every time.  Good episode, as I didn't hate anybody.  *LOL*

• Love 1

sorry the  Whole Beast. As soon as I saw the concept, I knew they wouldn't get picked since this show already did one with that guy with the small plates and butchering the entire hog and the wife that nearly cost them the deal. I think it was only because he worked in famous resturants that gave him the deal in the end.

I thought the same thing. Unfortunate, because they were one of the few partners we have seen so far who seem to get along great and complement one another. It's clear that what they need isn't an investment, but a partner who knows how to run and scale the business while they stick to the butchering / cooking side of things.

Not a fish person here, but despite their awesome name, I think the stigma against anchovies is too high in the U.S. (Oh, and I'm fairly certain Joe is way, way off in saying anchovies are the most consumed fish in the world.) But they executed well and weren't incredibly obnoxious.

I had to go look it up, but tuna is the most consumed fish worldwide, mostly canned. Herring is the most consumed other than tuna. It is said to have the same nutritional value as a steak.

Once again, Joe has no idea what he's talking about. Anchovies didn't even make the top 10. In the U.S., it's shrimp, followed by canned tuna, salmon, tilapia, pollock, pangasius, crab, cod, catfish, clams.

• Love 2