Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Ghoul Intentions

• Start Topic

Maddie's search for her killer puts Simon in jeopardy, forcing her to navigate the school's spooky spectral underbelly, alone.

Dropping March 16, 2023

Disappointing that there’s so little traffic here. This show is a bit of a sleeper, and I’m getting more invested each week. I’m even holding out hope that she’s not really dead (mostly dead? 😉), although that’s unlikely. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
On 3/18/2023 at 6:50 AM, RedInk said:

Disappointing that there’s so little traffic here. This show is a bit of a sleeper, and I’m getting more invested each week. I’m even holding out hope that she’s not really dead (mostly dead? 😉), although that’s unlikely. 

Hi, I just found this show last week! I'm glad I stumbled upon this actually! It's a good mystery to keep you invested in. I wonder if they will solve the murder in this season or there's going to be a cliffhanger at the end... 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, tired and hungry said:

Hi, I just found this show last week! I'm glad I stumbled upon this actually! It's a good mystery to keep you invested in. I wonder if they will solve the murder in this season or there's going to be a cliffhanger at the end... 

I’m afraid they won’t solve it, and it’ll be canceled. I hope not because I’m sucked in! It’s a different take on a ghost story, and it’s interesting that of all of them, only she can communicate with a living friend and doesn’t know what happened to her. That’s why half of me wonders if there’s more gray area with her story.  The other half spends every episode hoping she doesn’t stumble across her own dead body 😆

• LOL 1
On 3/17/2023 at 6:20 PM, RedInk said:

I agree. This episode it felt like they finally hit their stride. It’s frustrating they took so long to get there. The second episode in particular was a slog. 

I'm surprised they have not explored the touch aspect of the ghosts yet.. Can Maddie touch the humans? Can the other ghosts touch anyone else? The humans all seem to avoid bumping into the ghosts perfectly when they're so close by..

Also, I have some questions. They say that the spirits cannot change anything in the real world, that everything just resets. so how are they able to move and put away the chairs in the gym for their therapy period? Didn't one of them take a box of donuts from the teachers room in an earlier episode? The box should have reset back to where it was right? Also, how are they able to eat the food ?

I know every detail cannot be perfect but I was just wondering about these silly loopholes.

• Like 3

I've really gotten hooked on this show and am glad others here are finding it!  My fear is that the season cliffhanger will be them finding Maddie's body, and then it'll get cancelled and we'll never know.  Has anyone read the graphic novel it's based on?

I've also wondered about the ghosts moving things around.  Sure, everything resets, but do the living not notice in the meantime?  Field Day, especially - that was entertaining to watch, but how did no one living hear the smashing of the vending machines or see the fire?  And when they were all hanging out in the pool during swim practice, on floats, with drinks?  No one saw that?

Still, it's entertaining, and I love the humor, like the group thinking up fun things to do and movie night featuring "Ghost."  I hope we learn the story of how the group therapist got there.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, mandymax said:

Has anyone read the graphic novel it's based on?

I did see this info on the Wikipedia page and wanted to search it out but didn't check if I could find it online. I think it said that the novel was still ongoing.

1 hour ago, mandymax said:

My fear is that the season cliffhanger will be them finding Maddie's body, and then it'll get cancelled and we'll never know.

Same! I too feel it's definitely going to end on some type of cliffhanger. Either they just find her body at the end or they find her body midway and then don't reveal the killer or motive.. 

I do hope we get multiple seasons and it doesn't get cancelled! I would love to see all the spirits getting an ending arc and moving on or atleast them trying to figure out the different ways to move on for each spirit after Maddie's mystery is solved. Sounds like a good idea for future seasons...

• Like 1
On 3/21/2023 at 2:21 AM, tired and hungry said:

They say that the spirits cannot change anything in the real world, that everything just resets. so how are they able to move and put away the chairs in the gym for their therapy period? Didn't one of them take a box of donuts from the teachers room in an earlier episode? The box should have reset back to where it was right? Also, how are they able to eat the food ?

It seems like when they interact with something it creates a duplicate. When Maddie grabs the missing flyer in the first episode the original never moved. She’s just holding a second flyer. There doesn’t seem to be any consistency to when things disappear from the ghost realm(?) (plane of existence?) but what they do doesn’t appear to change the real world.