Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Séance

Snazzy Daisy
  • Start Topic

This was a great episode.  Those two women really add a lot to the characters' dynamic.  I hope that they are more than what they seem.  I'd even be okay with them being members of the cult, but I have a feeling they have a different purpose.

Julian breaking into their apartment and spying under the bed - LOL!

I guess we'll find out if that dark cloud of evil is Leanne, one of the women, or something else already existing in the house.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, tired and hungry said:

Those 2 nurses sure were nosey. Why are they trying to be therapists and "fix" every member of the house?

I hope the dark cloud/evil they mentioned in the house isnt Jericho... That would be a twist..

That would be something. But we haven’t seen much of him this season. 

• Like 1
(edited)

The Turners’ house keeps expanding, unbelievable! The house itself is a character. Suddenly there’s a mysterious guest house downstairs that isn’t affected by the cracked foundation?

And this is the first time we heard about the neighbourhood’s Hat Festival every Tuesday.

Leanne has been acting like she runs the whole household for months, with Sean and Juju wrapped around her fingers. Thanks to Bobbie and Bev’s creativity and their passive-aggressive tactics, Leanne gets a taste of her own medicine. The Social Skills for Teens book and her “fuck you” in a dramatic close-up make me laugh. 😂

Juju has been busy snooping around and stumbles upon the grannies’ naughty box. “Horrible, horrible things.” 😂

“I can see something through the window. A dark shadow moving about, like a black storm cloud. It feels ice cold. Evil. It’s tethered to this house, attached to this family. I hear something now. There’s a baby crying. The wailing. It’s hurting my ears. He’s desperate. No one is coming to help him. Why won’t they come?”

- Bobbie

And the gaslighting from Sean and Juju continues… When Sean asks Bobbie to stop while Dorothy keeps asking what's happening, we can see Bobbie’s expression slowly changes. She finally knows about Jericho?

The dark shadow could be their denial and guilt over Jericho’s death, coupled with the continuous lies to “protect” Dorothy.

Is Juju starting to see Leanne in a different light when she admits that she will kill a cult member?

Dorothy sounds very maternal when she tells Leanne to go to her room. The ending where Leanne sleeps on Dorothy’s bed after a nightmare, it’s just like little Dorothy with her mom. Creepy.

I truly enjoy this episode. I watched it 3 times already.

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

The Turners’ house keeps expanding, unbelievable! The house itself is a character. Suddenly there’s a mysterious guest house downstairs that isn’t affected by the cracked foundation?

I too was totally surprised by the whole literal guest house they have outside.. Was that even there before?? It was never even shown/mentioned earlier. The powers of plot convenience I suppose.. 

I have noticed that they do have a lot of emphasis on a specific room in the past seasons.. Leanne's bedroom and that secret space in the wall, the basement with all the wine, the attic when Leanne was locked/living in temporarily including that small room up there where they worked out/danced and now this guest house.. The kitchen too is always prominent. I'm sure the guest house will be important in upcoming episodes...

All I can say is that the house is freaking huge!!

• Like 2
20 hours ago, tired and hungry said:

I too was totally surprised by the whole literal guest house they have outside.. Was that even there before?? It was never even shown/mentioned earlier. The powers of plot convenience I suppose.. 

The deco in their guest house does look very 70s, don't you think?

My favorite part of the house is Sean's lovely kitchen.

This show treats the house as one of its character. They introduce new section(s) in each season, it's like adding a new personality to the house. Once the season ends, we never see that part of the house again.

Last season, they had this little glass house near the patio area where Dorothy did her gardening, Juju and Leanne were smoking weed after dinner.

The addition of the park is definitely for plot convenience - for Leanne's minions.

Ref 1:  MNS talking about the attic in S2

Ref 2:  Production Designer Naaman Marshall on building the house where 'Servant' takes place

• Mind Blown 2