Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: Armageddon Game

Actually one of my favourite episodes from season 2.

First we get the beginning of the great Bashir/O'Brien friendship. There is nothing better than O'Brien getting utterly irritated with Bashir, who is doing his best to help out, be useful, make a friend in O'Brien. Paves the way for some really great moments between these two.

The premise also - for me it would make sense that the Kellerans and T'lani would want to ensure that no one ever could replicate that biological weapon.

However, graciously accepting help from the Federation then killing off that help - yeah, you guys suck. What I thought was strange is that they wanted to kill off Bashir and O'Brien, but those two leaders (I forget the names) are allowed to live. They must have some of that weapons knowledge too.

Liked Keiko figuring out that the video recording was faked, though her reasoning was a little flimsy. And how much does that suck - you try to do good by helping out, and your reward is getting killed. Yikes.

Good episode overall.

• Love 1

I'm torn about Keiko.

While I like hte actress, I don't think there's really a consistent depiction of her character on DS9.  She seems to be more of an impetus for OTHER characters rather than a full-fledged character in her own right.

I'm torn about Keiko.

While I like hte actress, I don't think there's really a consistent depiction of her character on DS9.  She seems to be more of an impetus for OTHER characters rather than a full-fledged character in her own right.

I agree.  Keiko is really nothing more than a supporting character, to give Miles someone to go home to and bicker with occasionally.  Later he seems to get a lot more enjoyment (and more interesting bickering) from his "bromance" with Bashir.  While I'm sure he misses Molly, I get the idea Miles isn't all that anxious to have Keiko return from her adventures being "the best damned botanist in the galaxy".  (Worst line in DS9 History?)  He seems much happier running the rapids or fighting ancient battles with Julian in the holosuite. (which I guess is a sort of like a 24th century man cave). 

I'm torn about Keiko.

While I like hte actress, I don't think there's really a consistent depiction of her character on DS9. She seems to be more of an impetus for OTHER characters rather than a full-fledged character in her own right.

I like Keiko, but unfortunately this seems to be true. I wish she could have figured out the video was a fake without the reveal of it being a happy accident. It was a joke at her expense, which really sucks when we don't see her that much to begin with.

I like Keiko, but unfortunately this seems to be true. I wish she could have figured out the video was a fake without the reveal of it being a happy accident. It was a joke at her expense, which really sucks when we don't see her that much to begin with.

I don't think the joke was supposed to be at her expense, and it was pretty funny.  But, i guess it was a shame that Keiko's one time being the hero was diminished by it.  Nevertheless, she's still "the best damned botanist in the galaxy!" :)

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 1

I, too, wish they had been better able to utilize Keiko on this show. I'm always happy to see Rosalind Chao's name in the opening credits and then too often she's only in one or two scenes and only has a few lines. 

I thought "but he never drinks coffee in the afternoon!" was a pretty flimsy reason to think the video was faked. If he's on an away mission and has been up for 48 hours he's probably mainlining the stuff. And she's able to tell from the video it's coffee? WTH - do they have smell-o-vision on DS9?

Edited by iMonrey