Type keyword(s) to search

Best Drag Race Seasons of All Time

• Start Topic

I just read that Rajah was the 11th Drag Race winner this year and that got me thinking about the best seasons of Drag Race. My picks are:

1. Allstars 7 Winners--It made it all feel new again, and I loved the no elimination format

2. Season 5 --Deepest talent of any regular season: Jinkx, Alaska, Detox, Roxxy and Alyssa 

3. Season 6--More legends with Bianca, Courtney, BenDelaCreme, Trinity and Laganja

4. Allstars 2--Just yes. A rerun of season 5 with the addition of Katya, Ginger, Adore and Tatiana. The best lip syncs ever

5. UK Season 2--Covid, big girl winner Lawrence Chaney, Bimini, Tayce, Ellie & Tia

Most of my favorite seasons are older and I wonder why/how drag race has lost the magic. I just don't like the versus the world series. I don't mind the Spain and France seasons. Canada, UK and Down Under were all disappointing.

Maybe it is just that we're drinking from a firehose now.

Thoughts?

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, littlebennysmom said:

I also like the older seasons more but I really got into Season 14, probably due to my absolute love for Willow Pill.

I love Willow too. The season was just too long for me. And I didn't care for Daya Betty.

• LOL 1
42 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

I love Willow too. The season was just too long for me. And I didn't care for Daya Betty.

Daya was so pedestrian in comparison to the rest.  We would count how many times she stuck her tongue out/devil horns hand signal 🙄  "ooh, wow, adopting the moves of a hetero teenage boy, the ORIGINALITY!"

On 12/24/2022 at 4:48 PM, littlebennysmom said:

Daya was so pedestrian in comparison to the rest.  We would count how many times she stuck her tongue out/devil horns hand signal 🙄  "ooh, wow, adopting the moves of a hetero teenage boy, the ORIGINALITY!"

She really grew on me through the season's run. Like a fungus, sure, but her runways were really underrated.

US 3,5, and all of the even-numbered seasons have been good-to-great. AS 2,6, and 7 are excellent. UK2 was stellar, but the rest of the international sessons have had problems. France 1 was probably the best -- largely due to Nicki -- and Phillipines was the worst.

On 12/23/2022 at 7:37 PM, Ms.Lulu said:

Most of my favorite seasons are older and I wonder why/how drag race has lost the magic. I just don't like the versus the world series. I don't mind the Spain and France seasons. Canada, UK and Down Under were all disappointing.

I've watched them all, but the only time I didn't bother getting to the finale was during the Philippines season. The Thailand season where two eliminated queens made it to the finale was a disappointment, too. Spain seems low-budget to me. Italy made the wrong choice in S1 in a way that no other franchise has blown it (Farida Kant is among the best in the world). The worst thing about Belgium is Rita's wardrobe. Vs the World is fun, but who ever thought that the world needed more Silky Nutmeg Ganache? I just rewatched her losing to Eureka last night, and that was one of the sloppiest lip syncs in Drag Race herstory. Sweden has a great cast, but one of the biggest boogers made it to the final five. However, Canada S3 let a booger take second place, so that one is definitely among worst of the worst for me from a judging perspective.

I agree with your choices, Ms Lulu.

All Stars 2, 3 and 7, All Winners were very enjoyable (well, 3 not entirely. I respect Trixie but both Ben and Shangela losing out stung, given their talent.)

Regular seasons 8 with Bob, 4 with Willam, 9 with Sasha, 6 with Bianca and 5 with Jinx were the best, for my money.

On 4/9/2023 at 9:43 AM, dolphincorn said:

but who ever thought that the world needed more Silky Nutmeg Ganache? I just rewatched her losing to Eureka last night, and that was one of the sloppiest lip syncs in Drag Race herstory.

Oh we're 100% on the same page my friend. SNG - even after the many lip synchs she won on her AS season - was irritating and annoying to me. Never need to see her again. Her ripping her wig in two at the finale still haunts me. Such a mess.

Part of the problem with Drag Race now is the slickness of the production - they know too well how to run things and that means the hands are too tight on the steering wheel - but also, the Queens know they don't really need the show as much. There isn't that Life or Death fire to the lipsynchs. They know they're all going on tour and getting publicity just being on the show. And thanks to Ben, walking out has its own appeal now, too.

Plus, there are a million crownings every year.

• Like 1