Type keyword(s) to search

Sometimes When We Touch

DanaK
  • Start Topic

Paramount+ announced that SOMETIMES WHEN WE TOUCH, a three-part documentary series exploring the history of soft rock music, will premiere exclusively on the service in the U.S. and Canada on Tuesday, Jan. 3, 2023 and will also stream in the U.K., Latin America and Australia (Wednesday, Jan. 4), Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Austria and France (Tuesday, April 4). SOMETIMES WHEN WE TOUCH is the untold story of soft rock, whose artists dominated pop music worldwide in the '70s, only to crash and burn in the '80s, eventually experiencing one of the most unlikely comebacks in music history.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

That looks interesting. I remember there was a lot of bad soft rock music then. I will confess, I listened to it and still like a few songs but overall, I did not dig that scene. 

I’m old enough to have lived through that silly era that somehow supported such contrasting styles as soft rock, disco and Barry Manilow and I love a lot of the soft rock songs. I know a lot of people think a lot of the songs are treacle but I love the emotional stuff from bands like Air Supply

• Like 3
16 hours ago, DanaK said:

I’m old enough to have lived through that silly era that somehow supported such contrasting styles as soft rock, disco and Barry Manilow and I love a lot of the soft rock songs. I know a lot of people think a lot of the songs are treacle but I love the emotional stuff from bands like Air Supply

My best friend saw Air Supply in concert. I still mock her to this day..... jk. I like a lot of stuff that people roll their eyes at. Like what you like. 

• Applause 1

We went to see Air Supply not too long before covid hit. We went to it for nostalgia and kind of as a joke but we ended up loving every minute of it. Knew every song. Audience full of men and women singing every word. We'd totally see them again!

I grew up as a hairband girl in the 80s but I can't wait for this special! I still love this kind of music!

• Like 3

I loved this documentary and have re- watched it three or four times already. Didn’t know Rupert Holmes had suffered such tragedy. I remembered that he wrote “Echo Valley 2-6809”, which is probably my favorite PF song ever, but I had forgotten that he also wrote the Jets’ “You’ve Got It All”. 
    Had to laugh at the posters who said this doc  is basically an extended “Time-Life AM Gold” commercial, b/c I love those and used to get such joy out of watching them too! Before I got rid of cable, I had one of them saved on my DVR.

had

tragedy

Edited by Liamsmom617
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, Liamsmom617 said:

I loved this documentary and have re- watched it three or four times already. Didn’t know Rupert Holmes had suffered such tragedy. I remembered that he wrote “Echo Valley 2-6809”, which is probably my favorite PF song ever, but I had forgotten that he also wrote the Jets’ “You’ve Got It All”. 
    Had to laugh at the posters who said this doc  is basically an extended “Time-Life AM Gold” commercial, b/c I love those and used to get such joy out of watching them too! Before I got rid of cable, I had one of them saved on my DVR.

had

tragedy

I like that song! 

• Like 1