Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Nostalgia Patrol

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

Larry and Jane seek new purpose in Keeg and Kay’s absence. Vic attempts to reconnect with his old crew. A mysterious invitation to a retrospective comes at the perfect time for a newly ousted Rita.

Premiere Date: December 15, 2022       HBO Max 

michelle-gomez.jpg?itok=BlWH6m67
diane-guerrero-brendan-fraser-matt-bomer

Jeez, do you think they used enough F-bombs in this episode?  I expect it from Cliff and Jane but not from Rita except in rare occasions.  Rouge gets a pass because everything is funnier in a Scottish accent.  It feels like the writer is trying too hard to be edgy or whatever.

I got a bit of a Wandavision vibe from the people stuck playing roles in Rita's movies.  I had to look up the actor playing Oliver/Mr. 104 because he was so familiar.  The last time I saw him was in Heroes as Mohinder Suresh, so quite a while ago for me.

I've always liked the concept of people entering movies so this was fun, especially the sci-fi one.  The look was half Star Trek, half Lost in Space.

• Like 1

The look also gace me a Barbarella vibe...

Completely loved this ep.

Rita got to have a full range of emotions, instead of just being pompous. Larry was never allowed to have more than half a minute without another character stepping into the scene reminding him to be interesting. Cliff is of course always great, and Jane was even better than her typical greatness.

Rouge got all kinds of character stuff to do, from the leadership stuff to the turning inton a bird and fucking off when danger hit, to the great drinking scene...

and Vic actually got a side-story that I gave a shit about. I assume he's about to build a (removable) robot suit for himself. I hope he is. Honestly, I wouldn't mind him just not having the superpowers and being a smart, tough, tech-savvy normal character, but the writers obviously don't want that, so just give him some new robotech already.