Type keyword(s) to search

Yellow: 6 Weeks Before the Heist

Please keep the discussion focused on the content of this episode, Yellow: 6 Weeks Before the Heist 

• Start Topic

This was my first episode which I thought worked really well as an introduction.

I really hate Bob. I was so disappointed that he wasn’t killed when he got shot. Why his he even involved with this? If there isn’t some kind of twist revealed later where they are double crossing Judy and Bob the brilliant plan is ridiculously stupid. 

Bob is the absolute worst. With this team, they would have to be able to find another safecracker. Bob is volatile, doesn't work well with others, won't take guidance - it makes no sense that they would keep him on the team.  His partner is clearly too damn good for him. 

The heist was interesting.  I like the way it was shot. I enjoyed the way they pointed out how easy it was for them to ID the various law enforcement and guards. We used to joke in my old neighborhood about how subtle it was when three grown men would sit in a car for hours not speaking.  How does one fence that many diamonds?  Given that they can, it again leads to the question, "they couldn't find someone better than Bob?"

• Like 2

I enjoyed this, the first episode I watched.  How can we talk about it if people are watching in a different order?  This gimmick sucks.

I think we can all agree Bob is a jerk, no matter what order we watch.

So Hannah is (maybe) Leo's daughter?  

I'm so used to seeing Giancarlo Esposito all buttoned up and impeccably dressed.  Funny to see him kinda schlubby.  This is not Gus Fring!

• Like 1

Episode 3 for me.

The background music, "Sympathy for the Devil" was annoying.  When you have to enable your closed captioning despite having very good hearing, it's TOO.FUCKING.LOUD, people.  

SO wish they had shot Bob in the head. And in the groin. And again in the head.  Then in his big, fat, obnoxious mouth.  It pisses me off that my sheer hatred of this character is clouding my otherwise enjoyment.  Bad writing to make him so much of a negative distraction.  

The Korean foster sister is extremely annoying and like, so like, ya know, yeah? Like right?

I was pretty sure Hannah was going to end up in with the gang.  Nice to know she & her dad have been planning all along. 

Edited by leighdear
On 1/8/2023 at 2:59 PM, leighdear said:

SO wish they had shot Bob in the head. And in the groin. And again in the head.  Then in his big, fat, obnoxious mouth.  It pisses me off that my sheer hatred of this character is clouding my otherwise enjoyment.  Bad writing to make him so much of a negative distraction.  

This is only my second episode and I don't really buy that with all the planning that is going on, they would bring in someone so risky and unpredictable.

The heist looked really cool, but I feel like if bombs went off in Midtown Manhattan (even if they were just smoke bombs), it would be a huge deal. And pictures of all the suspects and their van would be all over the news within the hour.