Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: We Need to Talk

dubbel zout
  • Start Topic

Now that Jen and Judy are back with the kids, and the cops pay a call, and Ben comes over, this episode was hilarious in that in every single scene (other than the one over at Shandy's house and the one at the bar in the end) someone is keeping a secret from someone else in the scene, and usually multiple people are.

Speaking of Shandy, that little psycho cracks me up, but I don't love knowing her mom has incorporated enabling her in her process of not knowing what the hell to do with this weird, embarrassing child.

The scene where Jen lies to Charlie about what the letters are referring to is funny, but she didn't sell it remotely well enough for him to do an about face like that and accept it as true, so I don't think he's through being a fly in the ointment yet. 

Judy's reaction to learning about the potential cancer is heartbreaking -- she's relieved Jen is okay because she loves her, but also because she values Jen more than she does herself.  Thanks to her mom, and Steve, and who knows how many other people, she doesn't think her life is as important as Jen's, so if one of them is going to have cancer, it "should" be her.

• Like 4
  • Love 6
On 11/19/2022 at 2:05 PM, Bastet said:

Speaking of Shandy, that little psycho cracks me up, but I don't love knowing her mom has incorporated enabling her in her process of not knowing what the hell to do with this weird, embarrassing child.

Same. Giving Shandy the duct tape? Yikes. On the other hand, it fits the black humor of the show.

• Like 1
  • Love 1