Type keyword(s) to search

Kindred in the Media

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

FX on Hulu will release all eight episodes of the Drama TV Series adaptation of Octavia E. Butler’s 1979 novel, Kindred, on December 13 on Hulu. 

kindred-fx-tv-show-social-featured.jpg

“Kindred” centers on Dana James, a young Black woman and aspiring writer who uproots her NYC life of familial obligation to claim a future in Los Angeles that, for once, feels all her own. But, before she can get settled into her new home, she finds herself being violently pulled back and forth in time to a 19th century plantation with which Dana and her family are surprisingly and intimately linked. An interracial romance threads through both her past and present, and the clock is ticking as she struggles to confront the secrets she never knew ran through her blood, in this genre-breaking exploration of the ties that bind.

FXs-Kindred.jpg

Mallori Johnson will play the central character Dana James, a young Black woman and aspiring writer 

Micah Stock  as Kevin Franklin

Gayle Rankin as Margaret Weylin

Ryan Kwanten as Thomas Weylin

David Alexander Kaplan (young boy) as Rufus Weylin

Austin Smith as Luke

Sophina Brown as Sarah

Sheria Irving as Olivia

Antoinette Crowe-Legacy

On 12/27/2022 at 5:48 PM, BetyBee said:

I found a podcast that covers Kindred. It's Black Girl Nerds and it's good. They cover other things as well. 

They are very good! I wish the show had been set in the 70s…I find the phone emphasis annoying. But it’s the best thing on tv right now so it’s all good.

• Like 1