Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: Feeling Myself

jewel21
  • Start Topic

When Spencer joins Olivia in her quest to get former players to talk about Coach Garrett, things start to become real for them. With Jordan’s encouragement, Layla agrees to attend a red carpet with Patience, but Patience is still learning the ins and outs of these exclusive events. Spencer notices that Grace is doing a lot of wedding things solo, so he comes up with a solution to make her feel special. Asher gets an opportunity to take the next step in his career by going on a recruiting trip. Meanwhile, Coop gets too involved in a case at work, leading Laura to step in.

Airdate: 10/24/2022

I guess they decided to change the name of the episode.  The recording says it was called "Feeling Myself."  Anyway, it was kind of boring.  It's nice that Spencer did a bunch of stuff for his mom (who has to be alone for all the planning because they won't pay for her man to appear, even though he apparently left Days of Our Lives), but they have to introduce a new love interest for Spencer two episodes later?  I guess they have to jump into writing a new relationship so that they can inevitably get bored with it and end it like all the others.  I look forward to when they reach that point (the end) with Jordan and Layla.  If they want to get involved, get with it already.  Who cares if J.J. might eventually figure out that they kissed?  I wonder if J.J. is going to lose his scholarship or just get benched.  He may not even care, except they'll probably go back to trying to make him deep again at some point.

Laura is probably right to remove Coop from the case.  But in spite of Preach having a record, I have to wonder about Amina's grandparents trying to get sole custody.  We've never seen them, but they raised two psychopaths who were either murderers or tried to be.  They're probably out for revenge for Preach killing Mo even though she was nuts and shot Coop.

Next week the show is preempted for some stupid special that even fewer people will probably watch, so we can't get a Valentine's Day episode on Halloween or something to go along with the July Thanksgiving episode, the May Halloween episode and the Christmasy season premiere in October.

My sense is that Asher was setting J.J. up to make more room on the roster.  Hello Jabari!  Yes, there is not a direct relationship to the schollie for Jabari, but if somehow this does not work out, at least Asher "paid" for it with J.J.'s.

Nor sure about the motive behind the dude who decided to rat out the coach to Olivia after all.  I don't see how the rat can stay in the program, even though what he is doing is morally correct.  Not sure if the conference and/or the NCAA would take away his eligibility for taking out another.

Does this mean Billy becomes Spencer's coach again?  I hope not.

Remember the old adage that if you're not sure about the other, do NOT get pregnant?  Well, that goes triple for Jordan and Layla who can't even stand to be outed as a couple.  Ay yi yi. 

Although it is very realistic for Coop to run into ethical difficulties with her pursuit of a career in law, I am so over her.  For all her smahts and savvy, she is driven by pure emotion.  She can pine for Patience - especially the new glam version - but she has no right to even begin to complicate her life as she is embarking on an all new version of herself. 

I'll be stunned if this show has another season  given how played out most characters have become.  It's the EPA of shows - all about recycling.

• Love 1