Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Grande Finale!

• Start Topic

I thought it was so weird that a thread hadn’t been created for the final episode, so I decided to just do it myself. I hate leaving things hanging, LOL. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised to see a certain amount of apathy given the small number of posts for previous episodes. I mean, I only just watched this finale and it aired two weeks ago! 

I can’t even say it was a bad season, it just seemed… superfluous. The Masked Singer twist was just a distraction, and should have gone away sooner. I enjoyed the three finalists, for the most part, and think it’s fine that they made it to the end. There just wasn’t that much to be invested with, here. Preserving the anonymity may have even contributed to that— it’s hard to root for a back of a head.

I figured Chakra 7 won Miss Congeniality as a consolation prize, because no way was Ru going to crown a woman as top drag racer. But then, where was Thirsty’s participation trophy? I liked Thirsty, and she won the final lip synch, IMO. But I do think that Poppy had been strongest overall, so I can’t argue with the win. Everyone else discuss… or not. LOL.

• Like 1

Well, I never start topics or threads, so I can never comment until someone else decides to do it.  But AJ McLean is a great performer and I’m happy with the Poppy Love win.  But Thirsty was excellent as well, and would have made a fine winner.

• Like 1

I just finally finished this after it sat in my queue forever. I think it was the new season that triggered my memory. This season was meh. I lost interest once they revealed everyone. It was Poppy/AJ's to lose. 

• Like 1