Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Home to a Stranger

• Start Topic

Abby is joined by rough and tumble outlaw Hoyt and Apache scout, Calian, when she revisits the tragic site of her life’s demise in search of clues to help uncover the cold-blooded killer hiding in town. Meanwhile, new Sheriff Tom Davidson, and the town’s loyal Deputy, Augustus, are determined to track down the “mysterious” man responsible for the recent bank robbery. Kate badgers Hagan into doing the right thing, and Lucia finds a new friend – and discovers a surprising talent – in Kai. As Abby says a final farewell to her old life and “what might have been” she begins to embrace a new start in Independence while she, Calian, and Hoyt hatch a plan to bring the real enemy to justice…but how close is she willing to get?

Airdate: 10/13/2022

Hmm, I think I'm going to get bored of Davidson basically winning all the time. I know it's only the 2nd episode but the conspiracy to control Independence and make even more fortunes off railroads and ranches by killing Liam is already my least favourite part of the show which is a shame since it's the biggest part of it. Followed closely by the various potential love triangles. Although Abby having dinner with her husband's (probable) killer was quite effective. But he's got to know she's really Abby Collins if he plotted to kill Liam right? He's toying with her (the penal code book) and probably attracted to her. I did like Abby trying to hold it all together until she started crying at night. And that is a very large room for a dancing girl in a saloon. 

The plan for Hoyt to get arrested was kind of fun. Davidson's patsy being killed before he could talk was inevitable but it was interesting that it was Augustus doing it. He really is trying to play everything as straight as possible whilst everyone else is hiding something. Although I do think he should be more suspicious of the new Sheriff, even if he's trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. 

I do still like Calian and Kate became 1000 times more interesting know we know for sure she's a Pinkerton undercover and that she's on Abby's trail. And Kai was great even though he only had a couple of scenes. 

9 hours ago, Featherhat said:

I do still like Calian and Kate became 1000 times more interesting know we know for sure she's a Pinkerton undercover and that she's on Abby's trail. And Kai was great even though he only had a couple of scenes. 

I found Kate interesting since the pilot so I like knowing there's more to her than meets the eye. 

I didn't have much of an impression of Kai after the first episode, but I enjoyed him much more this time around. He's just a sweet guy, and man, he can design a dress, hee. 

Calian still remains my favourite character. 

• Love 1

Calian is still very pretty. 
Abby’s manner of speaking is off putting to me for some reason. 
I like Kate more than Abby and find her more interesting as well. 
Lucia deserves so much better than Hoyt. 
Kai is very talented and a quick worker!

I don’t care if they are in the “Wild West”, an unmarried woman wouldn’t go to a single man’s home alone in this era. And I don’t believe this wouldn’t have given Abby pause. Not as much as eating with her husband’s killer, but still. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, HelloooKitty said:

I don’t care if they are in the “Wild West”, an unmarried woman wouldn’t go to a single man’s home alone in this era. And I don’t believe this wouldn’t have given Abby pause. Not as much as eating with her husband’s killer, but still. 

LOL if you think that is bold for the era then you've never read the A.M. Van Dorn  steamy book series The Wildes of the West with the white, black, chinese and Mexican half sisters. Any thing goes in them shattering all the conventions of the Old West societal norms!

As for the rest of the episode...it was pretty good. Hope Calian and Hoyt become actual friends. Not a big fan of the deputy character...he's hard to pin down. Might be good or might be shady. Dissaointed there was no interaction with Kai and Katie....I want that romance to get going though on this last ep it looked like they might be pushing Kai to the Mexican rancher woman.

Davidson HAS to be playing Abby...how could he not know it was her when he was so close when he shot at her?!

I am starting to like Hoyt more. The plot to break out the henchman out.  Is it realistic that Abby would go to dinner alone to a stranger's home for dinner/

Kate seems to have some sort of power over her boss Nathaniel, maybe because he knows that she's a Pinkerton agent. I wonder if she is based on Kate Warne, a Pinkerton agent and the first female detective in the US.

[he] was surprised to learn Kate was not looking for clerical work, but was actually answering an advertisement for detectives he had placed in a Chicago newspaper. At the time, such a concept was almost unheard of. Pinkerton said "It is not the custom to employ women detectives!" Kate argued her point of view eloquently – pointing out that women could be "most useful in worming out secrets in many places which would be impossible for a male detective." A Woman would be able to befriend the wives and girlfriends of suspected criminals and gain their confidence. Men become braggarts when they are around women who encourage them to boast. Kate also noted, Women have an eye for detail and are excellent observers

She is credited with saving the life of Abraham Lincoln, uncovering the Baltimore Plot to assassinate him and then helping Lincoln disguise himself and make it safely to take office.

• Useful 1