Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E06: Blind Auditions Part 6

DanaK
  • Start Topic

Favorites of the night:

Jillian Jordyn - really lovely voice
Grace Bello - really liked her tone

Other thoughts:

Austin Montgomery definitely has a deep voice that is at odds with his looks, similar to Idol’s Scotty McCreery

The Little Miss - She had a really lovely voice. I can’t understand why she didn’t get any chair turns

Tonight Gwen made a comment that really represented the underside of the competition amongst the judges.  She told a contestant that the start of her song was really strong but as soon as Gwen and John turned their chairs her voice started faltering and having other issues.  Gwen then added "but it's probably because you're nervous."  I have found this throughout the series that many contestants do not end as strongly as they begin so when the judges turn early I wonder if they regret turning.  

As a small side note, I am tired of the coaches telling contestants "I wish I had turned for you."  I get that they're trying to be kind, but it just seems so insincere.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Tonight Gwen made a comment that really represented the underside of the competition amongst the judges.  She told a contestant that the start of her song was really strong but as soon as Gwen and John turned their chairs her voice started faltering and having other issues.  Gwen then added "but it's probably because you're nervous."  I have found this throughout the series that many contestants do not end as strongly as they begin so when the judges turn early I wonder if they regret turning.  

As a small side note, I am tired of the coaches telling contestants "I wish I had turned for you."  I get that they're trying to be kind, but it just seems so insincere.

At the same time, it makes me wonder if the contestant starts to falter if they don't see any chairs turn, especially by the end. It's got to be really awkward and hard for those contestants who don't get anyone to turn for them. As I said in my first post, I really couldn't understand why no one turned for The Little Miss (what a weird stage name for a solo performer). I felt the same way about another lady a previous night. I bet in these cases it's because the judges have nearly filled up their teams and they are being really choosy

17 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I agree! Instead, they should simply give the contestant constructive criticism, as to why they didn't turn, and encourage them to come back and try again.