Type keyword(s) to search

Mom - General Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

I watched during the first run, but watching reruns in blocks made me realize that Christy is a horrible person. Funny I didn't notice that when I only watched weekly.

The worst part is she thinks she's this nice amazing helpful person. But she's judgmental and always rags on Bonnie. Yes Bonnie can be selfish but she also does good things. When she does, Christy digs deep to find a flaw. For example, when Bonnie was in a wheelchair and Christy took over the building, she found out her mom does nice things for the tenants. But she couldn't accept that and tried to prove there's bad motives behind it. Or when the others said they were proud of Bonnie for taking in Tammy, she just looked on with that hateful smug look of hers when Bonnie admits she can't handle it.

Christy never forgives Bonnie for the past and brings it up every chance she gets no matter how much a better person Bonnie has become. She wants Violet to forgive her but she refuse to do the same for Bonnie. She also makes excuses for her own actions and get defensive. She made the gang miss the hug lady and still continued smoking. Did she ever pay back Adam and Jill for gambling their money away instead of using it to pay Bonnie's bail?

A admit Christy does give Bonnie credit sometimes when the storyline calls for it. 

I wonder whatever happened to Regina? I mean was she able to handle the drinking or did she relapse? And did she go down that slippery slope and back into drug?

I mean the last scene with her pouring a drink seemed to indicate so.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, greekmom said:

I wonder whatever happened to Regina? I mean was she able to handle the drinking or did she relapse? And did she go down that slippery slope and back into drug?

I mean the last scene with her pouring a drink seemed to indicate so.

Oh, she relapsed alright. Since Octavia Spencer is and was an in-demand actress, she didn't make any more appearances so we are to assume Regina kept on with boozing. Who knows if it led to worse, she never checked in with the gang or went to any meetings. Maybe she moved away. That is how it happens in reality, and we are left to wonder. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Watching the reruns on CMT. Tonight they aired the episode where Marjorie receives the community award. Can’t figure out why the producers did not use this episode as the series finale. Even though the series lost its spark in season 8 with no Christy, I thought this episode was heartwarming and a nice way to end the series. 

• Like 2
On 11/9/2022 at 9:50 AM, Snow Apple said:

Christy never forgives Bonnie for the past and brings it up every chance she gets no matter how much a better person Bonnie has become. She wants Violet to forgive her but she refuse to do the same for Bonnie. She also makes excuses for her own actions and get defensive. She made the gang miss the hug lady and still continued smoking. Did she ever pay back Adam and Jill for gambling their money away instead of using it to pay Bonnie's bail?. 

They established in a later episode that she was paying Jill back incrementally, by giving her a small amount of money every month. Jill didn't care about getting paid back, but Christy insisted.

On 8/22/2023 at 7:43 AM, Blakeston said:

They established in a later episode that she was paying Jill back incrementally, by giving her a small amount of money every month. Jill didn't care about getting paid back, but Christy insisted.

It is really really hard to grow up with an alcoholic parent. The wounds are so deep they hardly heal. Even though Christy has accepted Bonnie back, she can't get over comparing things about her childhood. They were her formative years after all. 

Violet's too. Violet hasn't reached the point Christy did. As she fortunately didn't go down the same path as Christy, she is younger and it is fresher. 

The show does a tremendous job of showing us how it is. 

As I remember it, Jill thought it was correct that Christy pay her back. It was Adam who didn't care. 

• Like 3