Type keyword(s) to search

The Judges: Four Judges are Better Than Three

Just now, Anothermi said:

Hee! Good one. (unless you are serious)

I don't know.  I certainly wouldn't cry if they followed her over there, but I'd feel sorry for the Brits who had to put up with them. They've got their own version of the Hough/Ballas dynasty with the Cliftons, and they feel the same way about them that I do about the Houghs/Ballases.

Can't say I feel the same way about the Cliftons. I rather like them.

While I have enjoyed Derek's and Mark's choreography in the past, they are not a good fit for SCD. If the British audiences start wanting choreography that far from ballroom/latin dancing I don't think that even Pasha could make me keep watching. I stopped viewing DWTS 3 or 4 years ago and haven't missed it.

• Love 2

It's bad enough to stomach Julianne judging her brother Derek, but I think it's just going over the top to have Mummy Shirley judging her only beloved child Mark. I think too many people would complain that it's either unfair or obviously "fixed" (producers giving judges a script/score for each couple). It just introduces too much suspicion. Mark and his wife also seem to be well established in the music scene in California - I don't think they'd get as many gigs in the UK and she might be miserable.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Morrigan said:

It's bad enough to stomach Julianne judging her brother Derek, but I think it's just going over the top to have Mummy Shirley judging her only beloved child Mark. I think too many people would complain that it's either unfair or obviously "fixed" (producers giving judges a script/score for each couple). It just introduces too much suspicion. Mark and his wife also seem to be well established in the music scene in California - I don't think they'd get as many gigs in the UK and she might be miserable.

Relax.   I was only joking.  I don't think either Mark or Derek would have the time to do Strictly even if they wanted to.

• Love 1

LOL, thanks. Just the thought of Strictly being turned into a pro-star-vehicle (well, Derek-vehicle) instead of a balanced show turns my stomach. And Shirley was Derek's foster mother from the age of 12, so I hope they don't think that would be ok even if Marky wouldn't!